The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 2, Kesler 1

TheRussianRocket.

Only thing happening in Surrey tonight is a guy walking around smashing cars with a hockey stick.

#Surrey #RCMP are responding to 90 Ave & 132 St for a report of a male walking down the street hitting cars with a hockey stick.

Some people just can't stand it when we win. I heard he was wearing a Kesler jersey!

Sure. While you're entertaining what-if's, you could give tips to Zack on how to play NHL hockey.

Give your head a shake, ya goof.

He's not perfect. He makes a lot of mistakes that a 12 year old could point out. The reason he does them though is primarily due to the speed of the game that he needs to adapt some parts of his game to (which he has been doing since coming here). Desjardins never played at the NHL level, it doesn't mean he can't coach NHL players. Although I disagree with the poster, Kassian would have been nice this game.

Many Duck fans are clamoring about how they didn't have Perry. We didn't have Vrbata, Kassian or Dorsett

They also didn't have their top defensive pair.

"Overall on trip we weren't good enough, but we battled hard. We have to be better" - Desjardins

B2Dk7WJCUAE9nOj.jpg

This is what I like about Willie D. The boys put together a decent effort and came out with the win, but he's not satisfied. I like that he acknowledges that the team has to play better. Glad that we were able to bank a couple of points tonight, but this Canucks team is far from being a serious threat in the WC (not that many of the fans expected them to be).

I don't think the team right now is even close to what Willie expects them to be...this is a good sign for us Canuck fans. I hope the players start adopting Willie's standards of performance instead of being ineffective, as they were in San Jose and LA (and parts of tonight's game).

Lots of good story lines tonight...Eddie's first win (and his stellar goaltending)...Bonino's return to Disneyland (didn't realize how popular he was with the Ducks faithful)...Kesler vs. Hank showdown (kudos to Kes for effectively shutting down Hank, especially on the face off circle)...Bonino's game winner on the SO...Kesler's miss on his SO attempt and Eddie's cheeky grin when he heard the puck hit the iron.

All in all, a good result to the road trip--we were able to bank six points while finding out that this team still has a lot of work to do to match up against the California teams. Hopefully we'll be a better team and more effective on the next trip to California.

Fixed the grammar for you.

And who cares? Are you kidding me? Cory was a class act and was great for us, and don't tell me you don't care if a former player got screwed.

dont get all butt hurt is that you cory if his gf was hot i woulda done same thing dont hate the player hate the game ryan kesler was a good second line center for us and even tho he wanted out he still played hard for us for 11 yrs if he gets a cup in cali il be happy for him. In long term we got a second line center thats much younger signed much cheaper for a extra yr and a decent hard nosed 5/6 dman and a really good prospect in mccann that might end up being better than alll players involved for a aging center that gets injured a bunch. thanks for the win rk17!

dont get all butt hurt is that you cory if his gf was hot i woulda done same thing dont hate the player hate the game ryan kesler was a good second line center for us and even tho he wanted out he still played hard for us for 11 yrs if he gets a cup in cali il be happy for him. In long term we got a second line center thats much younger signed much cheaper for a extra yr and a decent hard nosed 5/6 dman and a really good prospect in mccann that might end up being better than alll players involved for a aging center that gets injured a bunch. thanks for the win rk17!

wow

This is what I like about Willie D. The boys put together a decent effort and came out with the win, but he's not satisfied. I like that he acknowledges that the team has to play better. Glad that we were able to bank a couple of points tonight, but this Canucks team is far from being a serious threat in the WC (not that many of the fans expected them to be).

I don't think the team right now is even close to what Willie expects them to be...this is a good sign for us Canuck fans. I hope the players start adopting Willie's standards of performance instead of being ineffective, as they were in San Jose and LA (and parts of tonight's game).

Lots of good story lines tonight...Eddie's first win (and his stellar goaltending)...Bonino's return to Disneyland (didn't realize how popular he was with the Ducks faithful)...Kesler vs. Hank showdown (kudos to Kes for effectively shutting down Hank, especially on the face off circle)...Bonino's game winner on the SO...Kesler's miss on his SO attempt and Eddie's cheeky grin when he heard the puck hit the iron.

All in all, a good result to the road trip--we were able to bank six points while finding out that this team still has a lot of work to do to match up against the California teams. Hopefully we'll be a better team and more effective on the next trip to California.

I hope you realize that not only Willy but other coaches say that a lot even after wins, It's kinda cliche, heck, players themselves say it all the time..at the end of the day, you win some and you lose some..talk is talk.

Archived