The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 2, Kesler 1

TheRussianRocket.

If we win the cup I would be so happy for Keving $&#)*ing Bieksa. The most character that I've ever seen from a Canuck. From back in the day knocking out Fedor for trashing the team to stuff like the game tonight.

What did Fedor do? I must've missed that.

I love Dejardins. He knows what's up with this squad and he isn't here to butter anyone up. We have some serious catching up to do in our conference, not in points, but on the ice.

As long as they squeak out wins, they're ok. Again - it doesn't have to be a dominant performance...sometimes the guys out there throwing their weight around and flying out of the gates run out of gas. As long as they hang in there and get the points they need, that's what matters. They'll build confidence out of these wins and will gel as a team. There's an old saying about the bigger you are, the harder you fall. They build momentum and I like that they have the stamina to go the distance in these games. Some rough starts that need addressing, but this was a tough road trip and they did ok.

Take out Edler, Tanev, and Daniel for the Canucks. That's close to the equivalent of what Anaheim was missing.

Also, Perry had 12% of his total points last year against the Canucks, so he plays them well.

With Fowler the Ducks have better possession and with Perry more shots and potentially goals are registered.

While this is true, the Canucks also had some key players out of their lineup. Vrbata (quite obviously) is a very important piece to the Canucks. Kassian, while on the receiving end of CDC hate most nights, actually contributes to making our 3rd line what it is with Matthias and Richardson and they have great chemistry. Dorsett is the kind of energy guy who can really help against physical teams. Sbisa (again for all the hate) has been one of our best and most physical dmen the last little while and has been a positive to our team defensive play.

My point is that our injuries are not as insignificant as portrayed and may be even more so because we do not have the calibre of replacements that Anaheim does.

You also have to factor in just how many games the Canucks have played in a short span. For them to actually get stronger as the game went on (and pretty much dominating the last half of the game) also needs to be seen as something worth validating rather than dismissing.

Perry may have helped the Ducks win but no one should be taking anything away from what was a really solid team effort tonight against a very tough team even without Perry.

Archived