The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

You control the refs and the schedule, that way you keep a skilled team down and give advantage to other teams.

NHL really needs to get 'audited', its getting to be like wrestling, but on skates.

The schedules should be fair for all teams, refs should be unbiased (possibly be a separate entity away from NHL), that would allow the truly talented teams to win.

Besides being a great game and great effort from the Canucks with only 5 D, Sbisa was really affected by it.

But, I thought that was one of the best FANS at a regular season game in a LONG time, the atmosphere was great reminded me a bit of the old Pacific Coliseum games. The real fans at the game instead of the corporate buisness people, this is what happens when the price of tickets are affordable and shows many real fans bought tickets to this game.

Yeah thats true. What about Luongo, Think he'll get boo'd? Wasnt really his fault he wanted to leave. He was pushed into a tough spot by the media and coaching staff.

The great thing is, even if fans boo him it will blend in with the LUU's so you'll never know.

That being said, there's no reason to boo him. Management made the decision to keep Schneider and shop him. No one can blame him for wanting to leave after that debacle. And the winter classic was the final straw I think.

Our playoff record the last few seasons says otherwise.

So I guess the Oilers must be the best in the league because they won all those Cups? Honestly tired of fans bringing up last year as if it had bearing on this year. It doesn't. Since we didn't make the playoffs last year I guess that means we should forget about this year then too? Just tank for McDavid? Also, DeNiro was refering to our record in 1 goal games THIS year so your post is utterly meaningless.

Can someone explain to me why some folks on here are saying we can't compete against California teams? So far this season we've had 1 out and out blowout against the reigning Stanley Cup champion. And now one point lost because of a skills competition.

I'd say this year already we're doing better than last year, if California based teams are any kind of yardstick.

The California teams tend to be big, strong and gritty, which is especially good in the playoffs when the refs call far fewer penalties.

So far this year Canucks have 1 win in which they were blown out in the play but held in by Miller, 1 game in which they were blown out in the play and on the scoreboard, and two good, close games against Anaheim.

They have in fact done better against the California teams so far than I think most would have predicted-but still, they were badly ouplayed in two of their four games. As much as the Canucks' play has been a pleasant surprise, there's a long season still ahead. Time will tell.

"I'd say this year already we're doing better than last year, if California based teams are any kind of yardstick."

I don't think last year is much of a yardstick for anything other than whether the Canucks are better than last year.

The California teams tend to be big, strong and gritty, which is especially good in the playoffs when the refs call far fewer penalties.

So far this year Canucks have 1 win in which they were blown out in the play but held in by Miller, 1 game in which they were blown out in the play and on the scoreboard, and two good, close games against Anaheim.

They have in fact done better against the California teams so far than I think most would have predicted-but still, they were badly ouplayed in two of their four games. As much as the Canucks' play has been a pleasant surprise, there's a long season still ahead. Time will tell.

"I'd say this year already we're doing better than last year, if California based teams are any kind of yardstick."

I don't think last year is much of a yardstick for anything other than whether the Canucks are better than last year.

Its funny people were sayin the California trip was going to be the yardstick to which they were going to wait and judge the Nucks then. They go llike 2-1-1 against those teams of late and people are still making excuses. The only game I didn't like was the LA game and I don't know if LA could keep up that pace in a playoff series. I think the Nucks faired well against them and should be an even better team by time the regular season is over and the playoffs start.

The Canucks started slow last night, but when this team turns it on they can dominate in the offensive zone.

The Sedins and Vrbata were having their way with the Ducks last night. The only thing missing was a bit more finish. But Andersson is a good goalie, so credit to him for keeping the Ducks in it.

Saying that we can't compete with teams like the Ducks is ignoring the facts.

The team that we'll still struggle to compete with are the Kings. But so will alot of teams. They're the best team in the NHL right now despite their record.

What does that have to do with this season.

Saying we can't close out games completely ignores our record this season in tight games.

I meant to say close out 'big games'. This was as big a game as well play all season. Could have sent a message to the league and Kesler by stealing that game from them.

Edit: and looking at our 1 goal game record thru 20 games doesn't fully encompass our ability to close out games.

I meant to say close out 'big games'. This was as big a games as well play all season. Could have sent a message to the league and Kesler by stealing that game from them.

Close out big games? W0t? We're leading our division in wins first of all.

And here are games we closed out which where big games

- flames season opener

- St Louis in Miller's return

- Ovechkin game

- vs league leading habs

- arch rival sharks

- first ducks game

- and last night being down 2 0 the team responded.

We're once again part of the elite.

The only big games we've failed in was the King's game. The team was too focused on Anaheim and played unacceptably. Last night they competed hard on the tail end of a back to back with Burr and hamhuis out...

I meant to say close out 'big games'. This was as big a game as well play all season. Could have sent a message to the league and Kesler by stealing that game from them.

Edit: and looking at our 1 goal game record thru 20 games doesn't fully encompass our ability to close out games.

Different teams. Pointless to compare two seasons.

If we had to "steal" a game from them to win, what kind of message does that send?

Sending a "message" to the league would be to dominate the Ducks and show them that we can beat them convincingly. One team winning in a shootout doesn't mean anything. It means that they were two evenly matched teams that had to end things in a skills competition. That's hardly sending a message.

The Canucks started slow last night, but when this team turns it on they can dominate in the offensive zone.

The Sedins and Vrbata were having their way with the Ducks last night. The only thing missing was a bit more finish. But Andersson is a good goalie, so credit to him for keeping the Ducks in it.

Saying that we can't compete with teams like the Ducks is ignoring the facts.

The team that we'll still struggle to compete with are the Kings. But so will alot of teams. They're the best team in the NHL right now despite their record.

Chicago; in spite of record.

I've watched a few Kings games. They have not commanded the puck like they have the last few years. And yes it is more than just Kopitar having a slow start (on track now finally?). I mean they also broke up "that 70's line"even though they were scoring a ton.

Chicago still commands the puck like the Sedins, but with speed.

I've watched a few Kings games. They have not commanded the puck like they have the last few years. And yes it is more than just Kopitar having a slow start (on track now finally?). I mean they also broke up "that 70's line"even though they were scoring a ton.

LA also had the shortest summer out of any team other than New York. That's what we're seeing right now.

Being without their second best D-man hurts too.

They're still the team to beat though. And Quick is also still the best goalie in the league IMO.

It's just about getting into the playoffs for the Kings this season. Once they're there, that's when they elevate their game.

Close out big games? W0t? We're leading our division in wins first of all.

And here are games we closed out which where big games

- flames season opener

- St Louis in Miller's return

- Ovechkin game

- vs league leading habs

- arch rival sharks

- first ducks game

- and last night being down 2 0 the team responded.

We're once again part of the elite.

The only big games we've failed in was the King's game. The team was too focused on Anaheim and played unacceptably. Last night they competed hard on the tail end of a back to back with Burr and hamhuis out...

Not prepared to call us Elite yet.

We are porous on defense. Not very dangerous in attack from the blue line either.

One, maybe two shrewd moves and we could be...

But not there yet despite many other positive signs!

I think Pearson's game completely fell off the radar and that's y they broke them up. Also Carter was moved up to try to spark kopitar. It's pretty close between the hawks and kings though... Not much has changed for either team from last year's playoffs when they took it to 7 games. Man that series was epic.

I think this Sundays game will be a major measuring stick for us. We've always matched up well against the hawks but Miller needs to play stellar. Since 2011 lui didn't have a single bad night vs the hawks and that was the reason for our success. Miller has the tools, he just has to deliver. The twins will be ready to go, they always are against the hawks.

Honestly for me the top 5 cup threats are definitely kings, hawks, ducks, Blues and yes our canucks.

I am discrediting every eastern team for sure. The only way any of those 5 Western teams lose out a best of 7 to the likes of the habs, bolts, Pens or bruins is if they're so banged up from beating up each other to get to the final.

Archived