The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Dallas Sends Dillon to Sharks

I guess Burns is playing D again, but I think they usually play him up in front of the net on the powerplay? I can see them calling anyone up since I would assume Dillon will be playing.

They traded away Demers who was playing on the PP with Burns. Tennyson is another D with decent PP skills.

Last year Demers got 29 points, albeit with Dan Boyle. This year Mueller is playing as well, pretty well actually, but not getting too many points.

They still could use that guy who can play on the offensive side. Dhillon = stay at home beast mostly...

Good trade for both teams, but I'd say Dallas comes out a little bit on top with San Jose retaining 35% of Demers' salary and giving up the extra 3rd round pick.

No lol. For whatever reason, people overvalue Dillon like crazy. He is just a tough physical stay at home dman.

Very wrong. Dillon drives possession. Stars got robbed here.

By your logic Tanev is a stay at home D-Man who is neither tough nor physical.

What are you guys talking about bottom pairing dman, this guy isn't Sbisa.

Dhillons #'s are pretty much Chris Tanevs #'s. (I.e. Kids a top pairing dman. def a top 4 dman). SJS just robbed Dallas. Canucks should have done whatever they had to get him, they are in desperate need of a dman.

Lol nope definitely not a top pair d-man and its not like Demers is chopped liver. Decent trade.

Honestly, given that Sharks retain salary and Dallas gets a 3rd rounder, Dallas might even win this trade. Demers could do some work on the 1st PP, and a 3rd rounder could get you another big, mobile defenceman with limited hocket sense.

Archived