The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Devin Setoguchi

Devin Setoguchi has cleared waivers and has been assigned to the @AHLFlames

Wow!

I guess none of the teams want to make moves on their rosters, no matter how pathetic they are doing in the standings. 750 k is not at all expensive for a potential scorer in Setoguchi. It's clear that the guy's confidence has sunk a lot.

As for Gillis (if he were still here) making a move, Setoguchi would've been a great waiver wire pick-up. Since he liked project players so much, he'd be a risk worth taking (if the team wasn't doing that great - and if we didn't have Vrbata).

Instead, he likes his project players 'expensive'. More often than not, it blew up in his face.

He was speaking of 'skill', not goals ..

Where did he say Calgary is offensively challenged? He was talking about skills

So by your reasonning since Calgary is the 2nd best offense of the league, then by default they are the 2nd most skilled team in the league?!?!?

Depends where you guys are looking for skills.

They have no uber skilled experienced pivot or playmaker ala Hank. But Gaudreau can skate circles around guys, probably including Hank, dangle, dish and shoot with the best of em. Not that he is as good as Hank by any means. He does create problems now, even as a rookie.

Monahan is a dangerous sniper. He is just finding his game, and awaiting Gaudreau to become a Hank to feed him. Monahan has Vrbata PLUS written all over him.

Hudler is also no slouch, would be tied for second in scoring on our team.

But they are STACKED with skills on their back end. Their 4th best PMD, Kris Russell has more points than any of our D. Giordano, who is the current Norris fave is ahead of any of our forwards in scoring. Brodie would not be that far behind Giordano in that Norris race either. Wideman is having his best season in years. Their D kills ours!

When their forwards catch up; watch out?

Wow!

I guess none of the teams want to make moves on their rosters, no matter how pathetic they are doing in the standings. 750 k is not at all expensive for a potential scorer in Setoguchi. It's clear that the guy's confidence has sunk a lot.

As for Gillis (if he were still here) making a move, Setoguchi would've been a great waiver wire pick-up. Since he liked project players so much, he'd be a risk worth taking (if the team wasn't doing that great - and if we didn't have Vrbata).

Instead, he likes his project players 'expensive'. More often than not, it blew up in his face.

How so?

How so?

Booth

Ballard

Garrison

were the ones I had in mind when I wrote it.

Booth, primarily. He was hoping that he'd turn it around. I hoped Booth would too.

Same with Ballard. I still don't bash Ballard as a player, but he was heavily overpaid and Gillis took the bait. Gave away a 1st round pick + Grabner for a horrible contract (we're not talking about what happened afterward - that would make the trade look even worse)

Archived