The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Mark Arcobello for Derek Roy

silver_surfer

So Edmonton declines to claim Roy on waivers, holds Draisaitl out from the World Juniors, then trades for Roy and sends Draisaitl back to junior. They could have traded a minor contract earlier (or just made the same trade beforehand) and allowed Draisaitl to play for Germany, but instead they do whatever this is.

I think they had to get rid of a contract and didn't have enough space because they just claimed Fraser.

(sorry, quote button is AWOL)

Good Lord, what a handle to sail thru life with..think he's heard a few witty references, in his time? He should search frantically for a lady partner named Hindenburg, to truly empathize with his trauma...

Well, that or some gal named Andrea Doria.

regards.

G.

There is absolutely nothing the Oil do that surprises me anymore. They are a total gong show.

On the CDC equivalent in Edmonton the team so-called leadership are being ripped for every pathetic move they mismanage.

Kim Jong-Lowe, MacT and Julian (aka interim Coach Nelson) will be gone by the end of this season.

we traded a 2nd and a prospect for roy on a contract worth 4x as much with even less time on it.

so, theres that.

In fairness, that was a couple of years ago, we didn't stupidly trade a roster player for someone we could've picked up on waivers and we wound up firing the GM responsible for the move.

I hate to say it, but I don't mind these moves. They saw 2 players on waivers that were better than some equivalent parts on their team, could only claim on, gambled on the one they knew would be claimed over the one that wouldn't. Then went and traded a piece and got Roy. I don't agree with Arcobello being the one going the other way, but... EDM is a mess and if it doesn't work out, at least there is now some trade history going between Nash and Edm where the oilers did Nash a solid. Never know, could be the start of them talking about moving in a defenseman... Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little and we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Now Leon can go back to juniors, Roy can finish off the year being crappy in a uniform that personifies a bad season, and we'll see the oilers attempt to do what we've done in Vancouver. aka Redo the entire front office and get rid of those that don't actually want to do more than collect a pay cheque.

I hate to say it, but I don't mind these moves. They saw 2 players on waivers that were better than some equivalent parts on their team, could only claim on, gambled on the one they knew would be claimed over the one that wouldn't. Then went and traded a piece and got Roy. I don't agree with Arcobello being the one going the other way, but... EDM is a mess and if it doesn't work out, at least there is now some trade history going between Nash and Edm where the oilers did Nash a solid. Never know, could be the start of them talking about moving in a defenseman... Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little and we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Now Leon can go back to juniors, Roy can finish off the year being crappy in a uniform that personifies a bad season, and we'll see the oilers attempt to do what we've done in Vancouver. aka Redo the entire front office and get rid of those that don't actually want to do more than collect a pay cheque.

Except for the fact that if they really wanted Roy and MacT actually was a competent GM, he would be calling every day to almost every team to see who's available and what he can do to get that player. Pretty damn sure Roy has been available for more than a couple weeks if MacT ever called Poile about it. Then that way, Draisatl can go to the World Juniors, Preds and Oilers would've probably made a small deal that involved Oilers sending a pick for Roy.. And when Draisatl comes back, their C depth would have improved. Nuge, Roy, Draisatl and possibly Arcobello down the middle would be so much better than what they have now.

So Edmonton declines to claim Roy on waivers, holds Draisaitl out from the World Juniors, then trades for Roy and sends Draisaitl back to junior. They could have traded a minor contract earlier (or just made the same trade beforehand) and allowed Draisaitl to play for Germany, but instead they do whatever this is.

Oilers with worst roster management

Well they were at 50 contracts with the Fraser pickup, so it was necessary if they wanted both Roy and Fraser.

MacT reminds me of Nonis, remember when Matt Pettinger was someone they had "coveted" for a long time? Bernier, Pyatt, etc. hoping to find a gem in the garbage, and too timid to make the big move required to get a big change.

Saviors off the waiver wire, lol.

Exactly! Total Nonis move,

I'm always surprised at the love Nonis gets on this board, I think he was one our worst GM's ever.

Archived