The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL All Star Rosters Announced, Vrbata only Canuck named.

Nail

http://t.co/H2mL6Qv5Oc

Shiiiit, Ovie actually was choked he never got the car lol. I mean, he's probably pissed because he could've went earlier in the drsft and never cause he said he never wanted to and that he got picked near the end, never got the car, and looks bad at his pov.

I absolutely hate it. It's pointless and I don't find it entertaining in the least. All it means to me is that us fans don't get a single NHL game for 3 days right in the middle of the season. It sucks, the first couple gimmicky all-star games were sort of entertaining but it's just lame now. It's so been done to death. It's like watching someone dress for work in the morning. The aren't even putting in the effort they would for practice, it's like watching someone you don't know drinking a cup of coffee and trying to pretend it's interesting.

Oh well, I guess a 3 day break makes the final season push more exciting.

Yeah, I agree.

And the new format makes an already arbitrary game even more arbitrary. At least when it was East vs West, players were playing to prove who has to play in the rougher conference.

Even North America vs the World let the players try to show where the top players came from.

Now it's just random players on random teams playing for nothing.

Sure it's just fun and games for a few days, but I bet if the players were polled, most would be happy to do without the allstar game.

The skills competition at least let's individuals show their skills.

Yeah, I agree.

And the new format makes an already arbitrary game even more arbitrary. At least when it was East vs West, players were playing to prove who has to play in the rougher conference.

Even North America vs the World let the players try to show where the top players came from.

Now it's just random players on random teams playing for nothing.

Sure it's just fun and games for a few days, but I bet if the players were polled, most would be happy to do without the allstar game.

The skills competition at least let's individuals show their skills.

I agree.

This all-star drafting nonsense is a joke. I would actually watch the all-star game if it was North America vs the World.

The NHL All Star game goes back to the second World War.

I would give anything to go back and see a game with: Mario,Wayne,Brett,Jari,Dino,Bourque,Coffey,Housley,Reinhart,Luc and Stevie Y all on the ice together.

This is the NHL royalty show and it would have been a real treat to have seen this game:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/allstar/NHL_1989_roster.html

Get the fan voting out of it and bring it back to a representation of the league's true All-Stars.

This. The fan voting is atrocious and takes away any legitimacy to the game. What a joke. I don't mind each team having a representative but 6 Blackhawks? LOL

Just finished watching the draft. Very entertaining and a great job by the nhl.

Not sure why it gets so much hate... Its for entertainment not to exactly pick the best players.

I'm not butt hurt 2 of the leagues top 5 play makers are being sat out (sedins obviously).

Very entertaining. Can't wait for the skills in a few hours!

Archived