The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL All Star Rosters Announced, Vrbata only Canuck named.

Nail

Remember when being selected to the All-Star team was a huge honor and proud moment for your team?

All it has become now is a contest of which fans can spend the most time hitting the vote button on their computers.

This.

When I was a kid in the early 90's the ASG was very important. Watching Fedorov, Bure, Mogilny and others was very exciting. The number of All-Star selections also kinda seemed to have weight on a guys career. i sure as hell hope it doesn't anymore because the whole thing is a sham. I don't even know the format anymore...

Yes, but I don't feel that this year's game is showing off the league's true talent.

That I do agree with. Actually looking at it on paper, this all star team looks terrible. Faulk, Johnson, Elias, Vrbata, Crawford, and Girgesons. No Subban, no Karlsson, no Sedin's, and not even Zetterberg or Datsyuk. On paper this line up is terrible for an all star game.

perrys been out half the season. same with hedman.

lundy had an atrocious start. fleury has malkin and crosby ahead, although could be. quick and the kings haven't been crazy good.

i think fleury should have malkin's spot, meaning crawford would sit and backstrom would get in, or scratch toews for D or Z

seabrook should sit for karlsson, if its toews and kane then keith gets cut and subban in.

Lundqvist may have had a rocky start, but he's been lights out ever since. Plus he and Quick are easily 2 of the best goalies in the league.

I'd keep Malkin, the rest I agree with.

It's pretty clear that the NHL just wants to get at least one player from each team into the game. I don't think they managed it, but Vbrata was the best they could do for the Canucks. Jimmy Howard might be injured so who knows, maybe they'll throw Miller a bone...

yeah , no ......

Nick Foligno is over a point per game. He will probably never have such a good season again. This is a once in a lime time opportunity for him

Why are fans against players like him and Vrbata being named to the team? Would you rather see the same people at the game every year?

You can't say the All-star game is dumb and pointless, and then complain that the rosters aren't how you wanted them.

It's pretty clear that the NHL just wants to get at least one player from each team into the game. I don't think they managed it, but Vbrata was the best they could do for the Canucks. Jimmy Howard might be injured so who knows, maybe they'll throw Miller a bone...

if MAF and Lundqvist didn't make it then Miller has absolutely no chance

Archived