The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Put Kassian on the first and put Burrows back on the 4th.

desiboynux4lifee*******

Ain't nobody stopping the Sedin train. It feel off the peak in 2011 and it's a looongggg way down. The most logical thing to do now is to split them up to mask their lack of footspeed because they are too old and too slow to create on their own anymore, especially at even strength.

Burrows was a last resort because he still forechecks his ass off and does the dirty work no one else on this roster except for Dorsett and Richardson can do. If he can't save the Sedins no one can.

I say...

Higgins - Sedin - Vrbata

Sedin - Bonino - Kassian

Vey - Richardson - Burrows

Matthias - Horvat - Dorsett

Looks like a lineup pulled out of a hat but I have a funny feeling it would work simply because it spreads the softness instead of having it focused in our top six.

Higgins on top 2 lines is where I stopped reading, been terrible for a month.

Shuffling the lines doesn't solve the fact that this team doesn't have enough to skill to compete with other teams. Team is filled with too many grinders and two way players who are just okay offensively.

This team won't be a good scoring team for a few years until guys like Shinkaruk, Virtanen and Jensen can make their mark in the NHL

Good point... and until Bieksa is gone...

Kassian's numbers for tonight

G - 0

A - 0

Pts - 0

PIM - 0

Hits -1

Blks - 0

SOG - 0

Only Kassian can come off a night like this and have people calling for him to be on the topline.

Why not Sestito? Zack only had 1 more hit than Tom tonight.

Thank you.

Hey, Heretic just posted stats for goal scoring woes for us the past 20 games or so... Kassian really is not much worse than our "1st line" players as it is. Hell we could put anyone there...

Then pick a name out of a hat, the name you pull out we could probably make as good or better of a case for why they should be on the top line then kass.

Higgins on top 2 lines is where I stopped reading, been terrible for a month.

Danny has been just as bad. It's not a case of promoting a third liner to a first line roll. He's quite literally the ONLY option we have on left wing if it comes down to splitting the Sedins, which will probably become a realistic option for WD down the stretch if he wants us to be competitive at even strength. Vey is too weak and Matthias has zero vision.

If anything, put Bo Horvat with the Sedinis. He seems to be the only one who will actually park his a$$ in front of the goalie to get garbage goals. Kassian is what 6'3 220 pounds and it's as if the crease is his kryptonite. Kind of embarrassing when a rookie 19 year old knows what to do but not the big power forward who has over 3 years under his belt

Getting tired of people saying to put Kassian on the 1st line. He hasn't done anything this season that says he deserves a spot there. At least Burrows has proven chemistry with the Sedins, though at this point he's honestly not a much better choice.

I wouldn't mind them trying out a Dorsett - H. Sedin - Vrbata 1st line. Dorsett might not have the highest ceiling, but at least he's nowhere near asleep as often as the top 6. Honestly, and i'll probably get flamed for this,but the Sedins haven't been playing like 1st liners for the last few games. Both have seemed lackluster. No one to take over though... yet.

I don't think I need to bother commenting about the 2nd line's lack of production.

I'm pretty sure sestito has already spent more time on the first line. Holy hell cdc is hard on kass, the guy has barely played this year

Well to be fair a fair chunk of CDC expected Kassian to be Bertuzzi/Lucic 2.0 by now and are now mad that he hasn't reached their unrealistic expectations.

Sedins need a big body, and Kassian fits this. Notice sedins randomly throw the puck into the slot or into the blue ice; we need to give Kassian a chance. A fair 2-3 game trail.

this is what they were doing near the end of the game against calgary, if kassian would have been there maybe we would have won....

For all the people saying Kassian has done nothing to earn it I ask this with the utmost respect.......who cares even if he hasn't? It is not about who has earned what at this point because let's be honest: NO ONE HAS EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE THERE FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW. It is about can it possibly help the line produce offense. I don't know the answer to that and neither does anyone else. But at this point would it really be worse than what we are seeing?

This (make believe) earn what you get thing (Vey says hi) is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. One of the best lines in Canucks history came about because the coach ran out of supposed other options and threw Burrows on there. Burrows was a solid player but he was quite literally getting to the last resort category for AV at that point. And it worked.

I say what the hell have we got to lose at this point. Our primary and secondary scoring sucks crap right now anyway.

this is what they were doing near the end of the game against calgary, if kassian would have been there maybe we would have won....

Burrows put five shots on net in this game and Kassian put 0 -zero- shots on net,despite less than one minute of ice time between them.

If Richardson and Matthias are so bad I would assume this 'power forward' powers his way into the crease area and scores or creates enough carnage to give his line mates the opportunity to score.

Yet , that line is stone cold since Kassian returned,was stone cold before his injury and Kass is on pace for a four goal season.

The expectations are not for Lucic/Bertuzzi 2.0.

The expectations are for better than disappointing with the hope that some GM overvalues him as much as many on CDC have and continue to do.

For all the people saying Kassian has done nothing to earn it I ask this with the utmost respect.......who cares even if he hasn't? It is not about who has earned what at this point. It is about can it possibly help the line produce offense. I don't know the answer to that and neither does anyone else. But at this point would it really be worse than what we are seeing?

This (make believe) earn what you get thing (Vey says hi) is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. One of the best lines in Canucks history came about because the coach ran out of supposed other options and threw Burrows on there. Burrows was a solid player but he was quite literally getting to the last resort category for AV at that point. And it worked.

I say what the hell have we got to lose at this point. Our primary and secondary scoring sucks crap right now anyway.

WD said he is a guy that you have to earn time with. With that fact I do not believe he will put Kassian in a top 6 role at all since Kassian has done nothing to earn it. Unless Kassian starts playing consistently well, particularly physically, he won't be getting any top 6 time. That or if a lot of our forwards, including players in our bottom 6 who are playing better than Kassian, are underplaying are the only cases where he would he top 6 time. That is unlikely IMO. EDIT: "That is unlikely" is meant for the last case and not the first one.

IMHO I believe sticking with Vrbata/Burrows is the best course of action on the 1st line. Play Burrows on the 3rd/4th line if he isn't with the Sedins and revamp the 2nd like with a player who deserves a shot like Matthias. Burrows still gets PK and PP duties.

Archived