The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks May Be Seeing A Lot More Of Tyler Myers Soon

SabreFan1

On the flip-side Buff seems to be accumulating a Helluvalotta' pieces..look out in 3~5 yrs.

Connor Mcdavid/ Jack Eichel

Sam Reinhart

Zemgus Girgensons

Mikhail Grigorenko

Joel Armia

Rasmus Ristolainen

Nikita Zadorov

Jake McCabe

Mark Pysyk

Definelty could be dangerous even without Myers.

Fowler-Myers

Lindholm-Lovejoy

Beauchemin-Vatanen

Really good D core along with Andersen back there makes them really, really heavy cup contenders. I think Buffalo wants a 1st + Smith-Pelly. They want some jam in their line-up I bet, got alot of skill, can draft another skilled player but get a good heavy top 9 player. Myers isn't worth alot IMO, he's struggling, low price but everyone knows his upside so some heavy negatives with Myers.

On the flip-side Buff seems to be accumulating a Helluvalotta' pieces..look out in 3~5 yrs.

Talked to Sabres1 about just that.

They scare me with their potential. But they have to put it all together first.

In a related story though.

IF Buffalo trades Myers does that mean they forego MacDavid/Eichel and go for Hanifin instead??

IF Buffalo trades Myers does that mean they forego MacDavid/Eichel and go for Hanifin instead??

Not a chance unless they get an amazing offer to trade down.

They have the horses on D already.

Hmmm lets see. Do you pass on Sidney Crosby to draft Jack Johnson? As good as Doughty is don't you think Tampa is happy they picked Stamkos instead? I know I'm taking Tavares over Hedman. Ovechkin/Malkin..... or Cam Barker instead? Should I go on?

Although I think they could probably gain quite a lot by trading down to the 3rd, I would think a move like that would be a waisted opportunity, if not almost a step backwards. I think what they get with this year is pretty much a capstone to this tanking project of theirs and they will probably start trying to building putting the team together for next year.

However, if Myers is gone, they could possibly trade up to the 3rd pick from their other 1st rounds this year, and what ever they get from the ducks, to possibly draft a Mcdavid/Eichel AND Hannifin. Now that would be a haul.

Although I think they could probably gain quite a lot by trading down to the 3rd, I would think a move like that would be a waisted opportunity, if not almost a step backwards. I think what they get with this year is pretty much a capstone to this tanking project of theirs and they will probably start trying to building putting the team together for next year.

However, if Myers is gone, they could possibly trade up to the 3rd pick from their other 1st rounds this year, and what ever they get from the ducks, to possibly draft a Mcdavid/Eichel AND Hannifin. Now that would be a haul.

Which is exactly what I was thinking.

They could very well trade down. but then use their other 11 first rounds picks (I know it's not 11) and a prospect and trade into the top 5 all over again. Hard not to think Edm/Arizona/Carolina wouldn't take a solid prospect and or roster player and 3 extra 1st round picks or some nonsense to give up that pick.

But losing Myers for less than premium return is unlikely to happen and it does raise an interesting possibility that they do some serious dealing. Murray has been anything but silent on the trade front and hockey as a sport has been dying for a trade like that for almost 2 decades

What would it take?

Sbisa, clendening, 2nd?

Seriously?

Myers is very much an "impact player". Why would a team trade a young impact player with an affordable contract for 3 "maybes"? Sbisa, Clendening, and the 2nd are all longshots to become impact players.

At least one impact player, or prospect with a high likelihood of becoming one, would have to be going the other way for Buffalo to even consider. So for us, that means at least one of Horvat, Virtanen, or our 2015 1st rounder, PLUS a "maybe" or two.

Expensive? Certainly. That's why I said earlier we don't have the chips to make it happen. Whereas Anaheim can easily give up two of Rakell/Smith-Pelley/Ritchie/Etem/Theodore/Silfverberg/2015 1st without crippling their future.

Could see the Ducks settling for a cheaper option at the deadline like Franson/Methot. If there willing to mortgage there future for the Cup this year, they should make an offer for one of Yandle or OEL

That would be just more of the same of what they have. Fowler, Vatanen, and Lindholm provide a decent amount of offense. But they don't have the big guy, who prevents the other team from setting up shop in front of the net.

Myers can physically handle guys like Kopitar, Thornton, Carter, Backes, etc. And the thinking is, if he weren't the go-to guy offensively on his team, and allowed to focus more on defense, he might be very good at it.

Buffalo should be asking for Gibson, plus a very promising roster player (Lindholm for example) plus a high pick (2nd round'er) for Myers. Yes, I know that's a LOT, but you gotta give up a LOT for a legit chance at winning it all. Ok, maybe Lindholm is a pipe-dream, but at least ask for that and see what's what.

Buffalo has leverage (they're already the worst in the league so.....), Anaheim does not if they truly want to win this year.

Buffalo should be asking for Gibson, plus a very promising roster player (Lindholm for example) plus a high pick (2nd round'er) for Myers. Yes, I know that's a LOT, but you gotta give up a LOT for a legit chance at winning it all. Ok, maybe Lindholm is a pipe-dream, but at least ask for that and see what's what.

Buffalo has leverage (they're already the worst in the league so.....), Anaheim does not if they truly want to win this year.

I think Gibson is a pretty good starting point. If they trade away Myers and we assume they pick either Mcdavid or Eichel then a d-man not named Lindholm or Fowler would probably have to be included in the deal.

Gibson and Vatanen/Theodore would help the rebuild quite nicely.

Archived