The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mathias or Kassian

jwizenhl

i'll go with Matthias. but if i have to fill the second line with Matthias, i would be so desesperate.

but i guess i will not have this problematic, we don't even have a second line.

so the fixed answer is : among our 3 third lines, yes i would stick with Matthias instead of Kass in one of them.

We don't have a "2nd line" we have 2 "3rd lines" and a fourth

Sedin-sedin-vrbata

Mathias-bonino-burrows

Higgins-Richardson-kassian

Dorsett-horvat-Hansen

Slide Higgins down to relieve the pressure and for God sakes keep kassian in the line up with some minutes especially when things can't get any worse and Higgins/burrowsbonino aren't scoring that much anyways who are getting regular minutes

Anyone who's seen my posts know I'm not a fan of Kassian's work ethic. I think it sends a wrong message when a player whines about his ice time, and can't even figure out why he gets sat out on games.

That being said, if Kassian isn't working, and our team isn't scoring. Have WD go to Kassian and say. Ok here's the deal I'm going to put you on the first line with the twins for 5 games. Here's what I want to see.

- Crash the net.

- Get involved in the play, and stop floating around.

- Hit, block a shot, make a pass, check your man.

Points aren't the only thing the team needs. We need players to get involved in the game, without dumb penalties, play hard, play smart. Don't be the hero. Just help out as much as you can.

At this point we try him for 5 games with the Twins, that gives him a chance. If he becomes effective keep him there. We can put Vrbata with the Twins every other power play just to throw off the opposition. If he screws up, we at least tried raising his value.

Maybe someone needs to go Yoda on him. Do, or do not. There is no try.

This year I say Matthias, last year I'd have said Kassian.

Matthias is a UFA at the end of the season, if he did light it up, would he want an unreasonable raise next season? Does anyone think he remains a Canuck next season? I hope he does.

I get that guys like Kassian need to earn their playing time but a some point you need to stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Kassian is more offensive minded, not a grinder, why not put him in the best possible position to succeed. If he fails, then the team has their answer...he's a bust. Sedins have gone cold and need some size on their line...and the Canucks need goals period.

Sedin-sedin-Kassian

Mathias-bonino-vrbata
Higgins-Richardson-burrows
Dorsett-horvat-Hansen

Or

Sedin-sedin-Mathias

Kassian-bonino-vrbata

Higgins-Richardson-burrows
Dorsett-horvat-Hansen

This year I say Matthias, last year I'd have said Kassian.

Matthias is a UFA at the end of the season, if he did light it up, would he want an unreasonable raise next season? Does anyone think he remains a Canuck next season? I hope he does.

He is everything this management wants in a player. He draws penalties, has a good motor and is noticable on most nights.

He better be resigned.

Anyone who's seen my posts know I'm not a fan of Kassian's work ethic. I think it sends a wrong message when a player whines about his ice time, and can't even figure out why he gets sat out on games.

That being said, if Kassian isn't working, and our team isn't scoring. Have WD go to Kassian and say. Ok here's the deal I'm going to put you on the first line with the twins for 5 games. Here's what I want to see.

- Crash the net.

- Get involved in the play, and stop floating around.

- Hit, block a shot, make a pass, check your man.

Points aren't the only thing the team needs. We need players to get involved in the game, without dumb penalties, play hard, play smart. Don't be the hero. Just help out as much as you can.

At this point we try him for 5 games with the Twins, that gives him a chance. If he becomes effective keep him there. We can put Vrbata with the Twins every other power play just to throw off the opposition. If he screws up, we at least tried raising his value.

Maybe someone needs to go Yoda on him. Do, or do not. There is no try.

Couldn't agree more. Just look at Kenins. Scored his first NHL goal in just his second NHL game and he was his own critic afterwards. It just shows the difference in character and maturity between two players who are both the same age.

Archived