Dorsett - Gaunce - Kenins

Shinkaruk

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Clendenning

Sbisa - Corrado

Hutton

Miller

Markstrom

Traded or F/A's: Higgins, Richardson, Kassian, Lack, Bieksa, Vrbata, Hansen (Assuming we only get picks for traded players) (also not included: 2015 draftees).

lol @ Sedins still getting 7 million in 2017-2018, they'll probably be 40-50 point players by then

Haven't you noticed the salaries, even for mediocre ufa's, keep going up and up? 7 mil for the Sedins in 2017 is going to look just about right for their production. They will still be pretty good second line players who can produce since the opposition will then be keying on the new #1 line.

Draft day Trades 2015

Edm gets:

Lack

Kassian

Gaunce

Van gets:

Yakupov

Wgp gets:

Hansen

Jensen

2nd 2015

Van gets:

Kane

Col gets:

Bieska (15%)

Higgins

Weber

Conditional pick (2016)

Van gets:

O’Reilly

Talbot

2017-18

Kane O’Reilly Yakupov

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Shinkaruk Horvat Burrows

Fox Cassels Kenins

Edler Tanev

Tryankin Clendening

Pedan Corrado

Marktrom

Demko

Interesting.. 2017-2018 is a ways away, but I'll go with:

Virtanen - Horvat - Kassian (Kass rounds into form)

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen (Sedins decline and Jensen improves, forming a solid if not overpaid 2nd line)

Shinkaruk - Bonino - Higgins

Kenins - Cassels - Vey

Edler - Tanev

Andersson (Peter) - Corrado

Stanton - Subban

Goalies: Markstrom/Lack (whichever we don't trade) and Thatcher Demko!

Demko is our goalie of the future, most likely.

And I really like Subban as a prospect. He's small, but he will be 5'10 or 5'11 ~190 and a fast, puck moving defenseman with a killer wrist shot.

This team has potential!

Edit: McCann struggles to crack the nucks roster this year. Cassels beats him to the 4th line centre job. However, this is the Sedins final year in the NHL. McCann gets the job in 2018-2019 (after spending 2015-2016 in junior and 2016-2018 in the AHL). McCann immediately moves into the 3rd centre spot on strong play, leaving Bonino to move up to 2nd line centre.

Using only those players currently in our system:

____ - Bonino - Virtanen

Matthias - Horvat - Jensen

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Kenins - Gaunce - Fox

Grenier, ____

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Hutton

Pedan - Clendenning

___ (Stanton?)

Thatcher - Lack (these two are interchangeable in this year, Thatcher becomes full time starter in 18-19)

I don't see Miller staying beyond his current contract, so 16-17 is his last year. Vrbata long gone by then. Cassels is in/out of the lineup, basically first call-up waiting for the twins to retire after this (17-18 ) year. McCann being groomed to replace Bonino, who signed a carry over extension. Fox finally learned how to skate, and is reminding everyone of Burrows (Jr) this year!

Guys missing in system: I still have doubts about Shinkaruk playing in Vancouver, no particular reason other than he just doesn't seem to fit in the Western Conference very well. Same thing goes for Vey, which is why he is not on the roster. Corrado gets beat out by Pedan, and gets traded back East to a fairly good but unspectacular career. McNally; traded or not signed, but never here. Subban, traded also, same thing applies to him as Shinkaruk and Vey.

Notice one hole in the lineup. By this time, we have managed to clear out quite a bit of cap room. In another post in this forum, I mentioned something about building to this point. This is when we sign a big name FA. By this time, the "D" has solidified; Clendenning and Hutton are our PMDs and PP QBs. Horvat becomes the "C" the next year.

Vancouver Canucks 2017/18 Roster

Jamie Benn (7.0M) - Brayden Schenn (3.75M) - Jake Virtanen (1.5M)

Daniel Sedin (7.0M) - Henrik Sedin (7.0M) - Wayne Simmons (4.0M)

Shawn Matthias (2.2M) - Bo Horvat (2.5M) - Jannik Hansen (2.5M)

Linden Vey (1.2M) - Nick Bonino (3.0M) - Nicklas Jensen (1.0M)

Alex Edler (5.0M) - Chris Tanev (3.5M)

Dan Hamhuis (4.7M) - Brent Seabrook (6.5M)

Jordan Subban (1.5M) - Luca Sbisa (2.5M)

Ryan Miller (5.0M)

Eddie Lack (2.2M)

Cap Hit for 2018: 73.55 million

I am guessing that maybe 8 or 9 of the players listed here will actually be on the Canucks in 2017-18. Most won't be. The Sedins will probably still be here in the last year of their bloated contracts (great guys, great careers, terrible contracts).

Horvat and Virtanen will be probably be core players on the team And Edler and Tanev will probably still be on the team. And I would guess that Hamhuis will re-sign and still be here as a veteran presence on D with a modest cap hit. That makes 7. Everyone else is a longshot. But 1 or 2 may come through.

Miller will gone after he finishes his 3-year contract. Lack may be here but I expect Demko to have a shot by then. Possibly Vey or Bonino or Matthias will still be around.

Guys not listed who I think are quite likely include McCann and Gaunce. It also would not surprise me if Glendenning is still with the team. Hansen will still be under contract but I do not see him lasting that long as his high energy game is already declining.

I am guessing that maybe 8 or 9 of the players listed here will actually be on the Canucks in 2017-18. Most won't be. The Sedins will probably still be here in the last year of their bloated contracts (great guys, great careers, terrible contracts).

Horvat and Virtanen will be probably be core players on the team And Edler and Tanev will probably still be on the team. And I would guess that Hamhuis will re-sign and still be here as a veteran presence on D with a modest cap hit. That makes 7. Everyone else is a longshot. But 1 or 2 may come through.

Miller will gone after he finishes his 3-year contract. Lack may be here but I expect Demko to have a shot by then. Possibly Vey or Bonino or Matthias will still be around.

Guys not listed who I think are quite likely include McCann and Gaunce. It also would not surprise me if Glendenning is still with the team. Hansen will still be under contract but I do not see him lasting that long as his high energy game is already declining.

A lot of people on this thread grilled me for listing the Sedins salary at 7 million for 2017/18, but you actually know that to be their final year of that contract. Good observation.

I see the 2017/18 season as passing of the torch from the Sedin era to the Horvat era. I have a strong sense that they will retire at the end of the season and live their lives in Sweden. And I see Horvat being promoted to the first line after the Sedins retire.

(Kane) - Barzal - (trade/FA signing)

Daniel - Henrik - Jensen

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Virtanen

Kenins - McCann - Cassels

Zalewski

(FA signing/trade) - Tanev

Edler - Corrado

Sbisa - Clendening

Markstrom

FA signing

Trades within next two years: Vrbata, Hamhuis, Bonino, Miller, Kassian, Burrows, Higgins, Hansen.

Just some predictions

Archived