The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden Vey being underrated on CDC

5Fivehole0

few pp opportunities? he's been on the top unit all year.

he's the softest player on a soft team.

he's the worst defensively on the team.

he's the worst fwd in points/60 5 on 5 - 1.37. for comparison, horvat is 1.91 and higgins is 1.74.

he's 23, and has been playing pro for 3 seasons, so the 'he's a rookie' thing doesn't have as much weight.

id just call that low rated, not underrated.

When people make things up to prove a point......

I think a lot of people can recognize his improvements. I personally like how cool he is about the game, it doesn't seem like he gets shaken easily after a bad play and doesn't take bad penalties.

But the main reason he's underrated is that his skill set isn't something the teams needs. Vey isn't a top 6 forward or physical enough to play in the bottom 6. If the team loses or moves Richardson, Gaunce or McCann are likely better suited at C. If he does play RW, Virtanen and Jensen are clearly better choices.

5th on the team in pp ice time, would be more if not for VERY recently he's alternated with burrows with vrbata taking veys spot on the point.

ellipses have three full-stops.

He hadn't been on the top line for some time. Yes, he has been on the powerplay but not the top unit. Also, this is his first full season in the NHL - he is a rookie.

The voice of reason.

I'm personally a huge fan of Linden Vey and thing he has surpassed any expectations I had.

$790,000 for 18 points in 48 games, he doesn't take dump penalties and is a +1 on the season.

Love what he brings and for the price we pay him, I think he's doing really well.

I agree im a fan of Vey to i think we need to be patient with him and he will learn and grow. He did as a prospect as a king and when ready for the first step in the big league is with us. I think if practices hard in the summer could easy be a second liner next year

If underrated means taking a lot more crap than he deserves, then Vey is definitely underrated.

He had just 18 games of NHL experience before this season started, fewer than Corrado and Jensen. His game still needs a lot of rounding off, but he hasn't been flat-out awful.

There was quite a bit of chatter in the offseason here about how the Canucks should start giving the young guys a bigger role on the team and let them grow into it. Vey gets slightly more even-strength ice time and some PP time and people start bitching.

He's not being underrated at all.

If anything he's being dealt with like all our prospects.

The issue is how many perceive WD is treating him. preferential zone starts, and PP time. Defensively liable and at this moment another redundant tweener without the size or physicality to be a dedicated 3rd line player.

He could turn out or he could be an endless journeyman

Umm yes he has been underrated.

The issue is how many perceive WD is treating him. preferential zone starts, and PP time.

This is how a top 6 or bust player is used. Just like Sherokov when he was here.

I think a lot of people can recognize his improvements. I personally like how cool he is about the game, it doesn't seem like he gets shaken easily after a bad play and doesn't take bad penalties.

But the main reason he's underrated is that his skill set isn't something the teams needs. Vey isn't a top 6 forward or physical enough to play in the bottom 6. If the team loses or moves Richardson, Gaunce or McCann are likely better suited at C. If he does play RW, Virtanen and Jensen are clearly better choices.

I hope Jensen can be better. But everyone seems to be souring on Jensen. He hasn't been playing very good apparently

First of all I would like to say I did a search for Linden Vey and didn't see anything relevant in the 1st page of searches so I made a new thread.

Now, back to our show.

Linden Vey has collected 18 points in 48 games with limited ice time and power play opportunities, at the age of 23 that is not too shabby. The most interesting stat that a lot of people are over looking is Veys shooting percentage.

In the AHL, his shooting percentage was 16.1% and 17.7%, quite high, and yes I know it's AHL. If you continue to look at his pro campaign so far he has carried his high shooting percentage over so far at 16.7% for the Canucks this year. Small sample size I know, but still something to look at when you add in the fact that it was quite high in the AHL as well.

People say that he is invisible every night, but I disagree. He makes smart plays and sets people up constantly. At the young age of 23, Vey could easily blossom into a 2nd liner and be a big part of the top 6.

He has the same amount of points as Hansen, in less games. Vey is only a few points back from Higgins and Burrows in less games and is once again, only 23.

I for one, and very stoked to have a kid like Vey on our team and can't wait to see what he brings in the future. He has proved he can produce in the NHL, won't be too long before he is in his prime!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Archived