The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] B Schenn / Couturier

apollo

What do you guys think it would take for Philly to give up either Brayden or couturier? Also who would you rather trade for?

Both are RFA end of this year and I'd love to trade for them. If not I'd definitely throw them offer sheets so holmgren can get a taste of his own medicine even though he's not gm anymore.

Brayden Schenn + Emery

For

Lack, Higgins, Gaunce

Couturier + Emery

For

Lack, Higgins, Gaunce

Am I under paying? Honestly I'd love to get Schenn. Bangs hard and plays good Western conference style hockey.

I think my value for Schenn is fair... For couturier maybe not as fair. I'd prefer Schenn though.

I'd love to have Brayden Schenn in a Canucks jersey in would offer.

To Philly : Jensen and Corrado maybe a pick to sweeten the pot

To Van : Brayden Schenn

In a perfect world I would ask Beiksa when he was healthy in the off season to waive and trade Beiksa straight up or with a lesser pick or prospect for Schenn.

I'd do either of those deals, OP, and would readily include non-top-4 NHL D-men (sell high on Sbisa?), Corrado or Pedan+ to get it done. Think that they would like Lack and the D-man would also be a big piece of it. Pedan would even fit their physical style.

lol our team becomes a lot less "elite" if that happens.

Seriously? We are not going to get B. Schenn for just Tanev. You are completely overvaluing Tanev and at the same time undervaluing Schenn. I watch a lot of Philly games because I like their young core of forwards and B. Schenn, who's only 23, is going to be a hell of power forward in his prime and if we could get him for Tanev + I would definitely do it.

I'd take Couturier over Schenn by a fair margin.

Far better two way hockey player and the difference in production is not significant enough - if anything, Couturier's offensive production is considerably more impressive than Schenn's.

I'd pay more to get Couturier.

I'd take Couturier over Schenn by a fair margin.

Far better two way hockey player and the difference in production is not significant enough - if anything, Couturier's offensive production is considerably more impressive than Schenn's.

I'd pay more to get Couturier.

How so?

Brayden Schenn: 73 points (31 goals) in last 138 games played

Sean Couturier: 66 points (25 goals) in last 138 games played

While I agree, the difference isn't huge, the fact remains that Schenn has more points over the last 2 seasons and is generally thought to have a somewhat higher offensive ceiling than Couturier.

That being said, I would love to see either one of them in a Canucks jersey, but with Horvat coming along quite nicely, it would be a little redundant to go after another 2 way center IMHO. I'd rather go after the guy with the higher offensive ceiling.

Couturier (and Read) face the strongest quality of competition on the Flyers - Schenn 18th.

Couturier get 38.8% offensive zone starts (with +5% finishes) - Schenn gets 61.3% (-7.4% finishes).

Schenn's corsi on is +2.98, Couturier's -5.51 - considering deployment, the edge clearly goes to Couturier.

Schenn is 43.9% in the face-off circle, Couturier is 49.2%

Schenn has 32 points, Couturier 25 pts, 12 of Schenn's pts are pp while Couturier has 4 pts on the man advantage - so their 5 on 5 points are virtually even.

Couturier has a +13 turover differential, Schenn is +5.

Couturier is +2 while Schenn in -3 - the significance here is that Couturier plays much, much harder minutes.

They are both RFAs after next season - Schenn making 750k more than Couturier.

All these underlying realities have translated in a similar fashion throughout their young careers - Schenn with 41 pts last year while Couturier scored 39. Schenn getting heavy ozone starts against much softer competition - Couturier matching his 5 on 5 scoring while playing a shutdown role.

All things considered, Couturier is the considerably better puck possession player, considerably better two way player, and when you put their offensive production in context, Couturier's production is arguably quite a bit more impressive, coming in much harder, less opportune minutes.

Not putting Schenn down at all - he's a good young forward, but between the two, for me, it's a no-brainer - I'd take Couturier.

Seriously? We are not going to get B. Schenn for just Tanev. You are completely overvaluing Tanev and at the same time undervaluing Schenn. I watch a lot of Philly games because I like their young core of forwards and B. Schenn, who's only 23, is going to be a hell of power forward in his prime and if we could get him for Tanev + I would definitely do it.

I wasn't referring to Schenn, I was referring to in general moving Tanev if he wants more than $3.5M. His value on the market will never be as high as it is to the Canucks having him playing.

lol our team becomes a lot less "elite" if that happens.

Come on man, let it go.

If Tanev isn't going to sign for under 3.5 then we might as well move him when possible.

Tanev for any of those two players would be a good hockey trade. Package off course with a goalie and Emery as well

There is no way Couturier is being traded by philly, don't even compare him to B.Schenn.

Couturier would cost something like Tanev + Kassian + Shinkaruk at the very least and Schenn I think would be around Tanev + Shinkaruk

If that's the case, then I would most DEFINATELY rather go after Schenn.

Archived