The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Meh - would have preferred a riskier pick here at end - what's there to lose!

can we invite ronning to prospect camp I forget?

Can we not outright sign undrafted players? didnt Detroit do that with the undersized D man from victoria who was on team Canada at the WJC before. Cant recall his name

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ahhhh....... so much talent passed with that 3rd rounder. I hope they like what they saw in Lockwood. I mean Day, Bitten, Fox, Dineen were all available. These guys at times were ranked in the 2nd round. 

Ya seems like he went a round or 2 earlier than most expected.

Sokolov to Minnesota btw!

3 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

We're assuming they are good enough to play in Utica. Niell was a cool pick last year, but is Mckenzie really better than Sokolov/Kuznetsov/Ronning? We haven't been taking chances on any players that have issues playing defense. All these players are big, strong and defensively solid. 

Perhaps they don't fit benning and cos vision for the team 

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ahhhh....... so much talent passed with that 3rd rounder. I hope they like what they saw in Lockwood. I mean Day, Bitten, Fox, Dineen were all available. These guys at times were ranked in the 2nd round. 

I kind of like Lockwood. He's got some Carl Hagelin to him. And he plays a west type of game. Not your average small, weak, undersized player. He plays with an edge and is tenacious.  Although he does need to get bigger, I welcome him with open arms. 

I'd rate this draft a 7, 7.5/10.

I trust benning. I trust his drafting ability and the picks that he made. But my god what a boring draft. Seems like we took the safe pick every time. Wouldn't mind seeing a big offensive player chosen as a low risk high reward. I think my favorite pick was the stukel kid.

Overall - I feel a little empty.

after such a painful season this is the day that's suppose to relieve our pain and sadness and give us hope.

but I'm not left with that feeling.

little disappointed, but I've come to like the Juolevi pick and the rest seem just like depth and long shots so we shall see. 

Wish we didnt take so many over agers, I would have thought Benning and his eye for talent could spot some younger first year draft eligibile players.

I would have like to see Ronning and one of the Russians but its done now. Off to see what we can lure in during FA!

Ronning a Ranger!

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I doubt he's worth a 7th at this point.

Hes worth a look at a teams camp. Worse case u waive him or expose him to expansion draft. Had a foot injury early early last season.

Probably ant gonna happen though

Why would the Canucks who openly showed interest in Ty pass up on him at least three times and watch him go 201. Did they just miss him on their sheet? Ronning was expected to go around 100 and fell to 200. Genuinely surprised Benning didn't select him. You have to feel bad for the kid. Overall though a very good draft for the Canucks.

10 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I trust benning. I trust his drafting ability and the picks that he made. But my god what a boring draft. Seems like we took the safe pick every time. Wouldn't mind seeing a big offensive player chosen as a low risk high reward. I think my favorite pick was the stukel kid.

Totally.

I like the home run, or massive whiff picks here and there also.

The Blackhawks getting DeBrincat scares the crap out of me, thos are the picks that take some gutts.

Archived