The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

28 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Overall - I feel a little empty.

after such a painful season this is the day that's suppose to relieve our pain and sadness and give us hope.

but I'm not left with that feeling.

little disappointed, but I've come to like the Juolevi pick and the rest seem just like depth and long shots so we shall see. 

Free agency will be the day to get excited about.

Our reward for finishing so low was getting one of the best D-men in the draft. I'm pretty happy with that. If we had taken Dubois it would have been another draft that came and went where we still didn't have the D-man we desperately need.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

We got Gudbranson with two of our picks. Pretty sure that's already pretty good.

gudbranson was not part of the draft , he was a trade and he hasn't played a game here, i am not against having gudbranson on the team , but i think it is pathetic benning gave tkachuk to the flames and at the same time had to watch those three teams go up there picking prospects while benning sits there chanting mediocrity to himself and drafts a player lower down in the rankings than tkachuk, do you think benning will even give jordan suban a fair shake at training camp, i hope i'm wrong but i doubt it, he will get the same treatment shinkarik got, [ pardon my spelling ]

3 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

all the veterans are there for another cup run. I hope Linden is smiling with Burrows,Higgins, Edler and Hansen still here. I hope YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ! 2011 here we come! REPEAT yaaaaaaaaaaaaay Linden the brain of this team hahahahahahahahA seriously, holding on to pieces like Hansen and Edler who have market value is comical. 

u wot m8

5 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

all the veterans are there for another cup run. I hope Linden is smiling with Burrows,Higgins, Edler and Hansen still here. I hope YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ! 2011 here we come! REPEAT yaaaaaaaaaaaaay Linden the brain of this team hahahahahahahahA seriously, holding on to pieces like Hansen and Edler who have market value is comical. 

I know it's against the rules to insult other posters. Bro, you're unstable. :excl:

5 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

I am not saying he will ever play a game in the NHL but Ty was selected a few spots after our very last pick.   Why would you not end your draft with a great hometown story and draft Cliff's kid?  We selected 1 known player in Joulevi and the rest are all long shots!  Why not Ty?

They have history with Abols and since he's 20, he can go straight to Utica. Gaining instant depth with a 7th rounder isn't a bad deal at all.

6 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

No desi, you are comical.

How you can compare this team to the 2011 team is beyond me. Almost EVERYTHING is different EXCEPT for the players you just named.. You are better suited as a member of a franchise fanclub member whose team is in constant rebuild and forever trading anything for younger things with the perpetual result of meh.

This team is younger and fresher than it has been in years. Years.

Just now, obee said:

gudbranson was not part of the draft , he was a trade and he hasn't played a game here, i am not against having gudbranson on the team , but i think it is pathetic benning gave tkachuk to the flames and at the same time had to watch those three teams go up there picking prospects while benning sits there chanting mediocrity to himself and drafts a player lower down in the rankings than tkachuk, do you think benning will even give jordan suban a fair shake at training camp, i hope i'm wrong but i doubt it, he will get the same treatment shinkarik got, [ pardon my spelling ]

This 100% explains why I trust people actually in the NHL more on than the one on these forums. Benning wants to win a Cup, not be mediocre. Benning has his own rankings and we need an elite defenseman, and that's Juolevi. Subban will get a fair shake, but he's a fair ways behind on the depth chart and his defensive game is still not NHL-level. He'll get a couple games, but expect what Schultz got with Pittsburgh - being sheltered, and likely on the 3rd pairing.

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

you still didn't explain to me how keeping Edler and Hansen makes sense for a team that is suppose to be getting younger?

And you - Hansen is a leader and Edler is a minute muncher.

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

This 100% explains why I trust people actually in the NHL more on than the one on these forums. Benning wants to win a Cup, not be mediocre. Benning has his own rankings and we need an elite defenseman, and that's Juolevi. Subban will get a fair shake, but he's a fair ways behind on the depth chart and his defensive game is still not NHL-level. He'll get a couple games, but expect what Schultz got with Pittsburgh - being sheltered, and likely on the 3rd pairing.

And you - Hansen is a leader and Edler is a minute muncher.

so does that mean we are not signing Hamhuis and are going to go with Sbisa?:blink:

the edition of Gubby makes it possible to trade Edler, also don't forget the expansion draft.

11 minutes ago, Lidstrom said:

Right, because all draft winners and losers are determined 24 hours after the draft.

lidstrom i am not talking about success stories ,i am talking about giving the flames a potential dynamic player and at the same time watching those three teams going up there with multiple picks they got for players they knew they were not going to sign and traded for extra picks and benning can only sit there and watch

The theme of this draft definitely seems to be skating ability. All of the guys we took are good skaters.

Benning has identified our transition game as an area of weakness. Can't compete in the new NHL without a strong transition game.

Archived