The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

I am not saying he will ever play a game in the NHL but Ty was selected a few spots after our very last pick.   Why would you not end your draft with a great hometown story and draft Cliff's kid?  We selected 1 known player in Joulevi and the rest are all long shots!  Why not Ty?

OK draft. Our 'D' is set for both the near-term and the future. We got Gudbranson for now and Juolevi for later. I like Lockwood - he's our Burrows replacement (skilled pest). Abols is a known quantity that the team wanted last year already. Stukel is a major project that possesses one of Benning's favourite traits: skating ability. I don't really know much about the other prospects.

17 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ahhhh....... so much talent passed with that 3rd rounder. I hope they like what they saw in Lockwood. I mean Day, Bitten, Fox, Dineen were all available. These guys at times were ranked in the 2nd round. 

wasnt luke green available too?

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Despite not having a pick in the first 2 rounds, the Rangers got Day and Ronning. Not bad. 

Yup decent pickups for sure. Really thought Ronning would go earlier, seeing how smaller players are making impacts on nhl teams.

Doesnt surprise me benning didnt take him, has not take a sub 6ft guy i dont think. or maybe like 5-11

1 minute ago, Bandwagon38 said:

I am not saying he will ever play a game in the NHL but Ty was selected a few spots after our very last pick.   Why would you not end your draft with a great hometown story and draft Cliff's kid?  We selected 1 known player in Joulevi and the rest are all long shots!  Why not Ty?

Ty is likely not going to succeed in our division, he's much more suited to the eastern conference and the wide open fast offensive hockey out there.

Just now, obee said:

this draft was not a success story for benning, did the benning supporters not see what calgary ,edmonton and winnepeg got done , they aced benning

We got Gudbranson with two of our picks. Pretty sure that's already pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

he's small and not a good skater, are you going to boo at everything we do or dont?

I actually like the picks made but think that skating can be worked on. Just surprised that the Canucks showed interest in the kid and then didn't pick him even though he fell to the seventh round.

1 minute ago, obee said:

this draft was not a success story for benning, did the benning supporters not see what calgary ,edmonton and winnepeg got done , they aced benning

Right, because all draft winners and losers are determined 24 hours after the draft.

48 minutes ago, obee said:

Really? You and your crystal ball have determined all of Benning's picks are busts less than 24 hours after he selected them?

25 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Overall - I feel a little empty.

after such a painful season this is the day that's suppose to relieve our pain and sadness and give us hope.

but I'm not left with that feeling.

little disappointed, but I've come to like the Juolevi pick and the rest seem just like depth and long shots so we shall see. 

Try looking at it like we drafted Juolevi and Gudbranson ;)

Archived