The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Thing is we did look good in the first period. We were outshooting them. Some great chances. Quick was giving up juicy rebounds. The first goal would have changed everything.

The Kings were also playing well. The difference is only one team sustained that effort through the whole game, and Quick settled down eventually and then it was game over.

Canucks basically rolled over and played dead after the 1st LA goal.

Lack didn't bail us out.

LA played a perfect defensive game.

What can you say? Hope we don't meet them in the first round... if we make the playoffs.

Good news is LA has a tough schedule... most on the road, and they are a lousy road team most of the time... they will also be playing teams who don't lose their nerve when LA enters the building.

Thing is we did look good in the first period. We were outshooting them. Some great chances. Quick was giving up juicy rebounds. The first goal would have changed everything.

The Kings were also playing well. The difference is only one team sustained that effort through the whole game, and Quick settled down eventually and then it was game over.

Quick was a non-factor. LA scored the first goal and locked down defensively.

I don't know if there's another team that is as good at defending 1-0 leads like LA.

Wake up already WD. If that was the best game we've played against kings this season, there's no point playing the remaining 2 games agaisnt them.

Just watch how CGY and WPG played and won against LA -- and those are "real good" games your team should be playing.

Say what you what about Torts and I'm glad he's not our coach anymore atleast the guy was honest and didn't bullcrap about anything

He played 22, so no. I'm not putting this all on him, as our team as a whole can be out-played due to the minutes capabilities of our defense. Right from the first shift you could tell which team had the legit #1 D and which clearly did not.

Exactly. If u look at his minutes history , he has averaged exactly that for a long time. His average has been around 22.24 for a long time. He hasn't been getting "hammered " with minutes ( no pun intended). He has to be better. With the role he has here , our success hinges on it

I feel Burrows needs a more prominent role. Floating around with Vey won't help this team. Hopefully Richie is back next game.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Matthias-Bonino-Vrbata

Dorsett-Richardson-Kassian

Kenny-Horvat-Hansen

Kassian has been great, don't get me wrong, but Burrows is the spark plus. Always. And anyway, Kass is good with Richardson

no doubt. can't stand the douche. good player, but a real douchesack

and an over-rated douchesack

good player, but still over-rated

In what universe is he over-rated?

There are only a handful of Canucks younger than him and he's probably way underpaid for what he brings. He's the exact same age as Tanev. And he's even better in the playoffs than the regular season. I'd say that if we was added into the Canucks mix they become a serious cup contender.

He just owned the first line tonight.

Canucks basically rolled over and played dead after the 1st LA goal.

Lack didn't bail us out.

LA played a perfect defensive game.

What can you say? Hope we don't meet them in the first round... if we make the playoffs.

Good news is LA has a tough schedule... most on the road, and they are a lousy road team most of the time... they will also be playing teams who don't lose their nerve when LA enters the building.

The scariest part is when LA reaches the level of playing their best game, none of the things that happened before matters. Haven't we see enough of what the damned LA team is capable of already, over the past few years? Once they set their foot into the playoffs there's no stopping them. The only way is keeping them out of the playoffs but we're not helping at all.

There are only a handful of Canucks younger than him and he's probably way underpaid for what he brings. He's the exact same age as Tanev. And he's even better in the playoffs than the regular season. I'd say that if we was added into the Canucks mix they become a serious cup contender.

exactly, he just played half an hour and countered everything that was thrown at him.

take him off of that team and all of the sudden pylons like Regher and Greene need to play more prominent roles.

The Canucks could not afford him. He just signed an extension for 6 million a year. That is the problem with overpaying the Sedins ($7 million each) and Burrows ($4.5 million). There is not much cap room. The top priorities were a front-line goalie (Miller) and a top-6 scorer (Vrbata) and they had to give away Garrison to make room for that.

Personally I would have kept Garrison, gone with Lack instead of Miller, and re-signed Santo instead of using the 2nd round pick obtained for Garrison on Vey.

Lots of people said that at the time of those deals, including me. But, either way, the Canucks did not have room to go after Boychuk.

Exactly what should have happened. Hindsight is 2020 unfortunately.

Quick was a non-factor. LA scored the first goal and locked down defensively.

I don't know if there's another team that is as good at defending 1-0 leads like LA.

He was later on. Rebounds galore in the first. Shoulda gone harder to the net early.

A good old beat down of the laffs will help everyone feel better for a day or two...then back to reality ...make the playoffs and most likely they will have to face the stifling bulldozers from LA...

case in point. you are over-rating him more with each touch of your keyboard.

Henrik Sedin thinks the Kings are the best in the league. Is that why we always get bent over when we play the Kings? Because they're the best so we'll just quit early?

That should just be more reason to work hard.

Loved how Matthias played that dominant Dec tilt in Pitt, when we shut them down. With Richardson it makes for a line with mojo. We need more of that kinda gritty 2-way play.

Bonino & Vey are too white bread-bland, for what we need. I'm sure they're just a bridge to when the youth arrive, en masse. Question is, whether we're all patient enough to wait?

At Draft Day I wanna' see some fringe fwds/D moved on. With Dorsett, Kassian & Pedan, + 2 more guys with such grit, we could often win ugly, when the O isn't flying.

When the Kings shut the game down(I could only see 10 mins of the 3rd, today), at least take the damn game into the alley, & bloody a few noses.

Tonite we looked like a yappy lil' DKD(drop-kick dog) that was tossed into a gutter.

Archived