The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Awards

Grape

Canucks Awards  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was a thread on the Cyclone Taylor Award a few days ago and I thought I'd make one consisting of all the awards, which will be presented on April. 11 vs Edmonton, the season finale.

Vote on.

My Choices:

MVP: Hank

Best Defenceman: Tanev

Most Exciting: Vrbata

Unsung: Matthias

Leading Scorer: Dank

Couldn't make any more polls for the 3 Stars award but I'm guessing that would be between Miller and Lack.

There was a thread on the Cyclone Taylor Award a few days ago and I thought I'd make one consisting of all the awards, which will be presented on April. 11 vs Edmonton, the season finale.

So you're thread is 1/5th redundant. I see. <_<

I kid, I kid!

5726675727_triumph_insult_head_xlarge.jp

But some solid choices across all categories.

• MVP I'd think one of the Sedins or Vrbata
  • Best defenceman I'd lean to Edler but Tanev has been good too
  • Most exciting I'd say Vrbata with a nod to Horvat
  • Unsung could be Hansen, Richardson or even Tanev
  • And top scorer I'm going out on a limb and saying Daniel takes it

MVP: Ryan Miller. His win percentage speaks for itself. Too bad he's injured otherwise we would have had an extra couple points by now.

Best Dman: Edler really plateaued... But I guess he's still the only choice

Most exciting: Ryan Miller for sure for me. But if I had to pick a forward, I'd go Vrbata

Unsung: Hansen

Leading scorer: hank and Danny will tie.

MVP: Henrik (where would this team be without him? Answer: in the draft lottery)

D-man: Edler (what a bounce back year)

Exciting: Vrbata (highlight real goals)

Unsung: Dorsett (our backbone that does everything asked of him)

Scoring: Daniel (I think he'll edge out Henrik this year)

Henrik was an easy choice for mvp. Vrbata, Burrows and Kassian have all produced more when playing with the Sedins. Almost half Vrbata's points have come on the pp with the Sedins. If not for our leaders playmaking we'd be in the draft lottery.

Only one I really had to think about at all was Unsung Hero. Lack has been great while Miller has been out but he hasn't been "unsung". Horvat definitely hasn't been "unsung". The only other in the running for me was Hansen. The guy gets very little credit for the job he does. I went with Dorsett because I see him as the teams backbone. Stands up for team mates, plays hard, puts up some points, and takes on guys much bigger than himself without a second thought.

After the Columbus game, everyone has completely forgotten about Eddie Lack. He is the unsung hero.

From the number of threads and posts on this board that have called for Eddie to be our #1, I wouldn't exactly say he's unsung. I voted for Hansen. He's gone from being considered trade bait to an integral part of one of our top lines.

With the regular season winding down, who are your picks for the Canucks' MVP and Unsung Hero?

My picks:

MVP - Henrik and Daniel.

Can't have one without the other. People said they were 'old, fading, done' earlier this season but they have proven the doubters wrong. They have been the model of consistency. They have bounced back from their dreadful season last year with renewed energy and grit. They are currently a point or two from the top 10 in points in the NHL. Daniel is only 8 pts out of first, and Henrik just a point behind him. They have come up with big games recently during the critical race for the playoffs.

Unsung Hero - Bo Horvat

The kid does it all. 13 goals in 59 games so far. The team's top faceoff man. Checks the other team's top players. Fearless forechecker and responsible backchecker on a dangerous 4th line with Hansen and Kennins. Penalty killer. All at only age 19.

Archived