The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow - 2 cups in 3 years and their just bums.

That quote could've come from a Canuck GDT.

well that is the general consensus on here, we're somehow better than they are and they're just bums when they've owned us since 2012 and won 2 cups in that time

I lol just thinking what this board would be like if Dustin Brown did to Lack what Henrik did to Quick, but of course because Hank did it to Quick it's the most amazing play ever

well that is the general consensus on here, we're somehow better than they are and they're just bums when they've owned us since 2012 and won 2 cups in that time

I lol just thinking what this board would be like if Dustin Brown did to Lack what Henrik did to Quick, but of course because Hank did it to Quick it's the most amazing play ever

Puck was loose, Hank went for it. Hank isn't a dirty player. Dustin Brown (who I think is an awesome playoff player) is known for his dirty antics.

Some interesting stuff about the standings

The most the SJS can get is 88 PTS

The most the LAK can get is 94 PTS

Which means if Calgary can win 3 more games, Vancouver, Winnipeg can win 2, and Minnesota can win 1 more. This mathematically eliminates San Jose from Playoff contention.

If Vancouver can win 5 more games or get at least 9 points in the renaming 11 games they have, then this means The Canucks clinch a playoff spot.

The possibility that LAK and SJS can out of the Playoffs (CGY has more ROW than LAK)? Life is good :)

Ummm the Kings can get 104

Sharks can get 98

Great way to send LA off for their roadtrip from hell.

I hope when we see them on the 6th we will have a chance to officially eliminate them.

But we will need Winnipeg and Calgary to pull their weight for that.

That would give a great confidence boost for the playoffs.

Winnipeg, Calgary and Minnesota did their job tonight. All got points and the Jets and Wild won in regulation. When was the last time we had 5 out of 7 Canadian teams in the playoffs? It looks set to happen this year.

By the way... Vancouver won in spite of horrible officiating .

Jokes non calls on LA... Questionable icings... Even the puck drops in the faceoffs.

Signs of an elite team when they win even when the refs are %100 against them.

The fix was in but canucks out classed those Queen's.

I've watched many games where a hit like the one on borrows didn't even draw 2 min. The fact they made it a major and on top of that called another during it giving us a full minute of 5 on 3 time suggests otherwise.

• Kaleta is a repeat offender hitting a player who was still considered a star at the time = 5 games
  • Nordstrom is a no-name player with no previous history who hit a star player (Ekman-Larsson) who did not return to the game = 2 games
  • Toffoli is a budding star player with no previous history hitting a NHL veteran who returned in the game
I hate LA but Toffoli doesn't deserve 4

He gets at least a fine, and 2 games maximum - if any</p>

I said couple years back that toffoli would be a star someday and he hasn't disappointed one bit. The hit on burrows seemed worse that was and I'm sure he didn't want it to end that way.

He is not a dirty player and is more lethal scoring wise.

Is it just me or does anyone think of Eddie Lack more of a "Canuck" then Ryan Miller. To me Miller was just some unnecessary signing to prove that we are a playoff team. Eddie has been a huge part of our teams success since Miller has been gone and has proven to be a decent number one goalie. He's been really good these past 7 games except Columbus. I hope we trade Miller in the offseason and make Eddie our number 1.

Also If I find out Tyler Tafolli isn't suspended after almost breaking burrows neck then I swear to god this league is Mental.

Would Benning have signed him to 10 yrs? Doubt it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724516

BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres have bought out defenceman Christian Ehrhoff's contract, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Ehrhoff signed a 10-year, $40 million contract with the Sabres in 2011. He made $18 million over the first two years of the deal.

The Sabres used their second compliance buyout on Ehrhoff. Buffalo also bought out underperforming forward Ville Leino on June 17.

TSN was the first to report the move, which was announced by the team on Sunday.

Buffalo had high hopes for Ehrhoff and Leino after making a splash under new owner Terry Pegula in 2011. But the team has struggled.

Ehrhoff, 31, has 313 career points in 692 games.

not sure how benning comes into it... There is no denying that our PP has suffered significantly since and we, as a team, haven't been the same since his departure.

The Sabres offered him a ridiculously stupid deal. But in hindsight there is no denying that Erhoff made our team better and was worth that AAV... just not the term he ended up accepting from Buf.

Is it just me or does anyone think of Eddie Lack more of a "Canuck" then Ryan Miller. To me Miller was just some unnecessary signing to prove that we are a playoff team. Eddie has been a huge part of our teams success since Miller has been gone and has proven to be a decent number one goalie. He's been really good these past 7 games except Columbus. I hope we trade Miller in the offseason and make Eddie our number 1.

Agree 100% except I think the loss to Columbus was more due to bad puck luck and defensive gaffs than goaltending.

Eddie's been stellar of late.

Tough road trip coming up for the Kings... only one easy team, the rest are either very good or very hot.

Devils

Rangers

Islanders

Wild

Hawks

And I KNOW those teams will be extra motivated to see the Kings bounced PERMANENTLY from the playoffs

Agreed, you know how warm and fuzzy it would make me feel to have the Nucks in the playoffs but King and Bruins out! Oh man i think i just wet myself a bit? LOL

Archived