The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

Damn, what a game.... and I mostly missed it. Laying in bed having a gallstone issue.About the worst pain and sick as I've ever felt in my 64 years but I had the TV on in the background and yes, i heard the third period mostly as I was kinda drifting in and out. Pains finally gone and I hope the stone too and the bigger pain of not beating LA is gone and maybe thats why I feel better. Damn...... Damn...... Damn what a game I think.

Another thing about our PP:

Our D don't often move into the slot or down low to take their one timers or shots or even to throw off the opposing defense.

When they do, our forwards seem to love rotating back to the point and it allows the opposing PKers to just clog the shooting and passing lanes without skipping a beat or being thrown off their game or positioning much at all if any.

Huge win today, and I had to miss the first two periods stuck at a car dealership signing the life away for a new vehicle. Forgot to set the PVR :facepalm:

I. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

It's my 40th birthday tomorrow (mar. 22) and I already got a gift from the boys!

Now a win in the desert and I think my 40s will start off allright.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Canucklehead 4 life!

Hope you have a great (rest of) day....best wishes!!

I'm still fairly new around here, but why is there so much negativity after a win? Let alone against the Stanley Cup champions. Doesn't matter how you get the W, they all count as 2 points.

There is of course a difference between negativity and analysis. I see both here. And many that are celebrating the win, but also pointing out some of the deficiencies this team has when lining up against teams like LAK. In the end, it does matter how they play (win or lose) as that is what the team needs to look at closely, build on strengths, and address weaknesses.

So I've started my tradition early this year in hopes of a positive return.

Back during the '94 run, I had all these different superstitions (not srs, but I did them every game nonetheless). I added a car flag for each playoff win and I put up one new Canuck "decoration" (poster, stick, etc.) as well.

So this year, I'm bringing out the big guns. May I suggest you all do the same.

I know it's not officially playoffs, but we know how that can go. So I'm doing my part (now). To be effective, you must also stand and shout at your TVs throughout the entire game.

For this (huge) game:

I used my Trevor Linden beer cooler (yes I had an afternoon beer, never you mind...some things call for it).

I brought out my pic of my Mom in her skate logo Canucks' jacket.

And I lined mascots up in front of the TV.

I will add things each game throughout the duration of the season. In '94, my living room was plastered and I had a huge Orca logo on my front/bay window. Let's do this, fans. Get it started.

You know when you have Ninja turtles, Spice Girls and Power Rangers on your side, you're bound to win.

SDC16849_zpskodoujdg.jpg

My battery was nearly dead and it's a little blurry. But this is what must be done. If you're a hockey lunatic, like me.

Thanks for putting up with me. (Kings didn't even stand a chance).

haha +1...love this post and add me to your lunatic list!! :towel:

So I've started my tradition early this year in hopes of a positive return.

Back during the '94 run, I had all these different superstitions (not srs, but I did them every game nonetheless). I added a car flag for each playoff win and I put up one new Canuck "decoration" (poster, stick, etc.) as well.

So this year, I'm bringing out the big guns. May I suggest you all do the same.

I know it's not officially playoffs, but we know how that can go. So I'm doing my part (now). To be effective, you must also stand and shout at your TVs throughout the entire game.

For this (huge) game:

I used my Trevor Linden beer cooler (yes I had an afternoon beer, never you mind...some things call for it).

I brought out my pic of my Mom in her skate logo Canucks' jacket.

And I lined mascots up in front of the TV.

I will add things each game throughout the duration of the season. In '94, my living room was plastered and I had a huge Orca logo on my front/bay window. Let's do this, fans. Get it started.

You know when you have Ninja turtles, Spice Girls and Power Rangers on your side, you're bound to win.

SDC16849_zpskodoujdg.jpg

My battery was nearly dead and it's a little blurry. But this is what must be done. If you're a hockey lunatic, like me.

Thanks for putting up with me. (Kings didn't even stand a chance).

Who is the guy with the blazer and mustache...looks like a young WD?

I....am....almost....at...a....loss for words....

How does a team look so bad against the 4 worst teams in the league the past month, go out and beat a team that has had their number the past several years and beat them in their barn?

Wow.

I am pleasantly surprised!

Have to beat them again on April 6th!

Go Canucks GO!

They have played well vs most top teams this yr, although have yet to beat preds and Tampa. Now with win v LA, just need to beat preds on the last GM of season.

Just get in playoffs, they will have a chance.

Kings are the only real danger of us missing the playoffs. Unless one hits a skid, Van, Calgary, Minny, and Jets should all make it now.

With today's loss and Toffoli likely suspended for most or all of their upcoming road trip(maybe even be more) the Kings' playoff hopes took a huge hit today. Toffoli - 20G / 21A in 65 games, 3rd most for the Kings.

Eastern teams should be keen to help keep them out as well. Aww shucks.

go jets go flames GO 'NUCKS !!!!

There is of course a difference between negativity and analysis. I see both here. And many that are celebrating the win, but also pointing out some of the deficiencies this team has when lining up against teams like LAK. In the end, it does matter how they play (win or lose) as that is what the team needs to look at closely, build on strengths, and address weaknesses.

Of course analytics mean $&!# when you actually play a game. Especially in the playoffs.

Vey's most complete game as a Canuck? The back-check. Won 6 draws. That's usually 6 games worth for him.

Sbisa had a very strong game. Hamhuis was actually very strong defensively away from the puck. Far, far from the puck. Maybe the eye is bugging him?

Well, I never doubted we could beat the kings, even on their own ice because I think we can beat anyone when we are focussed. Boy we were focussed for this game.

I am off now to have a few drinks, happy with my team.

Anyone else notice just how much Willie gets in the zone. GG came over to talk to him and he just kept on rocking side to side as if he was in another world. I don't think he heard a word he said.

With today's loss and Toffoli likely suspended for most or all of their upcoming road trip(maybe even be more) the Kings' playoff hopes took a huge hit today. Toffoli - 20G / 21A in 65 games, 3rd most for the Kings.

Eastern teams should be keen to help keep them out as well. Aww shucks.

go jets go flames GO 'NUCKS !!!!

Suspended? Don't think so but it was dirty

Archived