The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

This team needs Richardson and kassian for the drive. They are doing ok without them for now, but will need all hands on deck to go past first round.

Don't mind them resting for this road trip, but it suggest something more serious than a tweak.

That was epic to go into LA and outplay them in their barn. Sbisa, Vey, Kenins, Horvat, Weber - all really stepped up.

Thing of beauty.

Bones and Vrbata - some unreal, crafty, two way play today.

Eddie Lack continues to endear himself to this fanbase. What a gutsy performance.

Tanev with 7 blocks and +2.

Sbisa with 6 hits and 2 blocks.

Edler with 6 hits, 2 blocks an assist and +2.

Bonino with 3 blocks, possibly the biggest goal of the season, and +2.

Guest Dasein

With today's loss and Toffoli likely suspended for most or all of their upcoming road trip(maybe even be more) the Kings' playoff hopes took a huge hit today. Toffoli - 20G / 21A in 65 games, 3rd most for the Kings.

No way for a player with no history... 2 games max, especially since Burr came back later in the game

It should at least be a fine, and hopefully a hearing+suspension

So I've started my tradition early this year in hopes of a positive return.

Back during the '94 run, I had all these different superstitions (not srs, but I did them every game nonetheless). I added a car flag for each playoff win and I put up one new Canuck "decoration" (poster, stick, etc.) as well.

So this year, I'm bringing out the big guns. May I suggest you all do the same.

I know it's not officially playoffs, but we know how that can go. So I'm doing my part (now). To be effective, you must also stand and shout at your TVs throughout the entire game.

For this (huge) game:

I used my Trevor Linden beer cooler (yes I had an afternoon beer, never you mind...some things call for it).

I brought out my pic of my Mom in her skate logo Canucks' jacket.

And I lined mascots up in front of the TV.

I will add things each game throughout the duration of the season. In '94, my living room was plastered and I had a huge Orca logo on my front/bay window. Let's do this, fans. Get it started.

You know when you have Ninja turtles, Spice Girls and Power Rangers on your side, you're bound to win.

SDC16849_zpskodoujdg.jpg

My battery was nearly dead and it's a little blurry. But this is what must be done. If you're a hockey lunatic, like me.

Thanks for putting up with me. (Kings didn't even stand a chance).

Man, I thought this was pretty damn weird...

but I must admit that I feel a lot more confident knowing that Gumby is on our side.

No way for a player with no history... 2 games max, especially since Burr came back later in the game

It should at least be a fine, and hopefully a hearing+suspension

Ruling from NHL player Safety

Upon review,

Burrows, maximum fine for embellishment and Edler 5 game suspension. :shock:

Damn, what a game.... and I mostly missed it. Laying in bed having a gallstone issue.About the worst pain and sick as I've ever felt in my 64 years but I had the TV on in the background and yes, i heard the third period mostly as I was kinda drifting in and out. Pains finally gone and I hope the stone too and the bigger pain of not beating LA is gone and maybe thats why I feel better. Damn...... Damn...... Damn what a game I think.

We hope you're feeling better. There's plenty more great hockey to see from the boys. Take care!

Of course analytics mean crap when you actually play a game. Especially in the playoffs.

Not following that - I assume you can't be suggesting that coaches stop watching play and trying to make corrections and adjustments in the playoffs?

Of course analytics mean crap when you actually play a game. Especially in the playoffs

He meant analysing how they played, to try to improve, instead of just being happy they won. Analytics is different.Then you're talking about corsi, plus minus, t.o.p and all that stuff.

Archived