The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Single most important indicator of success in the playoffs

jag

Lack, Lack, Lack. Seriously a couple of big saves early on, the crowd chanting his name, that is one key for me. The other will be to see how much stamina the Sedins have. They looked good toward the end of the year.

Yeah, great key

Guess we should have chanted harder game 7 and wouldn't have got shutout

Single most important indicator of success in the playoffs? To me it is determination. Be determined to win, and the way to win will naturally surface. Whether its through tenaciously out working your opponent and forcing mistakes or even through puck luck which I believe is just being in the right place at the right time because you were giving your all. The face of a team that wants to win has the look of determination on it. willpower is a whole different animal especially when you take it from a group and share it. I have faith in this team. They have that determined look. Slow and steady wins the race.

Go Canucks Go!!

I'm not going to read the first posts and take a guess: Scoring more goals than the other team.

Did I get the right answer? Do I win a prize?

You'd think so, but you couldn't be more friggin' wrong.

The real answer is growing a kickass beard.

I'm not going to read the first posts and take a guess: Scoring more goals than the other team.

Did I get the right answer? Do I win a prize?

Wrong! You could have blowouts in every loss, and win every 1 goal game of at least four per series and still win while scoring less than the other team! ;)

Which means...

NO PRIZE FOR YOU! ::D

GCG!!!! :towel::towel::towel::towel:

Hits, take aways and chances. Usually they precede each other. I get what you are saying but thats why you have offseason training and meal/sleep preperations. They need to play the full 60 100% in playoffs... if they do they can beat anyone.. they have the talent.. if they dont well hope for the comeback.

So, did you think we were going to win after 5 minutes in game 1?

So many great teams, teams that are better than us, have controlled play, no, dominated the play against Calgary for the first two periods and yet, they all ended up losing. Why should we follow that pattern?

Flames need to be extinguished slowly but surely. Rushing out of the gate to try and douse the Flames in the first five minutes doesn't work. It was proven throughout the season that it doesn't work.

Lack needs to be average, defence decent and Sedins' need to beat them. This is it for the Sedins', they are getting older and this is their chance to prove they still got it. If we are going to win this series, it will have to be the Sedins' taking over this series; otherwise, Flames' beat us in 6.

Lack average - check

Defence decent - no check

Sedins' dominate - no check

1/3 factors so far.

I'd say we won the first 5 minutes...they definitely won the last 5 though.

Still think this theory is bunk :lol:

I would have preferred if the Canucks didn't help disprove something we knew wasn't that solid to begin with... :sadno:

You have to think statistically. We were the best team that year and should have won the cup... 9 times out of 10 we would have won that game just happened to lose that day.

It is obvious that there are multiple factors in any equation thats as complex as two teams in a high tempo game.. but I said the most important one that if done right can give you the "edge" which may be enough to catapult a team's confidence and get the ball rolling... most of the time setting the tone will lead to a good game and having a good game usually gives a better chance to win. There are other ways to have a good game, but setting the tone usually is the most important, first minutes(for this game/period), last minutes (for next game/period).

Yeah but the team that won the presidents trophy was not at the same level that played game seven. I can't think of any team capable of winning with their top three centres,four of their top 6, top four defensemen all injured.

Quite frankly, AV's wizardry got us to the seventh game.

Archived