The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Comparing 2011 and 2015 Teams and Seeing if We Have a Shot

DhillonCanuck

Comparisons  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like I said. I didn't mean to bash the 2011 team and they are one of the 3 best teams assembled in the post cap era.

I meant to reply to your comment that they were leading in so many categories. The stats were padded by their weak division. Had the 2015 canucks played in the east, certainly they would have won the president trophy this year.

Aren't we still in the easy division? Three worst western teams are in our division and there's four teams over 100 points in the central division. Sounds like we're still "padding stats".

Aren't we still in the easy division? Three worst western teams are in our division and there's four teams over 100 points in the central division. Sounds like we're still "padding stats".

I wouldn't say so. Prior to the deadline all 7 teams in Pacific could beat all 16 eastern teams in a 7 game.

The east is sad. No idea why they get equal opportunity to play for the cup.

2015 Canucks will make history.

I went on record last fall as saying this was not a serious CUP contending roster. Have to eat some 'crow' but still think this is a challenged club. Any club that has a FO% less than 45% has serious problems, especially a puck possession team. The 2011 club was the exact opposite with Manny and Kesler.

Miller was not traded as I hoped but Lack could surprise and carry the club which will allow JB to move Miller at the Draft. Canucks have a lot of players who could surprise on the upside which should see them into the 2nd Round. We can hope that the Ducks and Jets really beat themselves up.

Our record that year against the rest of the league was pretty damn good.

No, stats don't tell the whole story, but they certainly tell their share of it. This year has been great. They rebounded nicely, some young guys are finally starting to crack the lineup and contribute. All in all, a great season. HOWEVER, this team will most likely be eliminated within the first two rounds. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but it is what it is. I just hope getting knocked out somewhat early doesn't mar the fact that this season was a MASSIVE success.

The 2011 team had a much better, and much deeper defense, and the goaltending was top of the league.

You're right. The Canucks finished the season with 117 points, better than even the Rangers of this year (though only by a single point).

The real question is if the rest of the league is as good as 2011.

2011 was a much better team, no question. 2014/15 has better depth and thats about it.

We would've won the Cup if it hadn't been for the injuries and the reffing in the Finals.

annnd correct me if im wrong, but i dont think hodgeson played in the playoffs in 2011? I think Bolduc played 4th line C for the injuries

Hodgson played a few games, but all later in the playoffs I believe. He got no points either.

I chose this years lines better than 2011 because we have a way better coach this year than av who got us swept against kings in his final year of coaching here in our team. So this years team >>>>>>>>>>2011 team

ok come on lol 2 president trophies is nothing to ignore.

WD is a rookie coach, I think he's awesome and works well in Vancouver but it's to early to say he's better then AV, especially considering he hasn't even coached a playoff game.

And no I'm not saying there's no chance that he will become better. Just right now it's a waiting game.

People automatically crown the 2011 sedins over the sedins of today just because of points.

They faced easier competition. The league in general had much lower scoring Champs this year. The sedins are tougher, smarter, in better shape and have more drive than ever.

2015 twins > 2011 twins.

Hope they prove me right in the playoffs

So your proof is... "intangibles"?

So your proof is... "intangibles"?

No my proof is I've watched every game for many years and always kept an eye on the sedins. They have gotten better with age. They're defying all odds and are peaking at 34.

That's my proof. What I see with my eyes and I'm 100% confident in it.

They've played exactly how I knew they'd play and they'll continue to do so in the playoffs.

No my proof is I've watched every game for many years and always kept an eye on the sedins. They have gotten better with age. They're defying all odds and are peaking at 34.

That's my proof. What I see with my eyes and I'm 100% confident in it.

They've played exactly how I knew they'd play and they'll continue to do so in the playoffs.

I don't think even the Sedins would say they're better than their 2011 selves, nor would they say they're peaking now, lol. Keep playing that homer caricature though since most seem to get a kick out of the ridiculous things you say, lol.

So intangibles it is. Daniel and Henrik basically had 30 and 20 more points respectively than they did this season. You're trying to say the Sedins are 30% better in every other area to counter the the 30% better they were in 2011 offensively. I like how they've done more in their game but that's clearly not the case.
61278311.jpg

Shhh, logic will only harsh his homer vibe.

We get it, apollo, you're a fan. Keep on being positive and we'll keep the volume down on the logic and facts knobs.

We get it, apollo, you're a fan. Keep on being positive and we'll keep the volume down on the logic and facts knobs.

You just have to take Apollo for what he is - a homer caricature and then his posts will be less aggravating. He hates trolls so plays the opposite character online. He doesn't really believe any of the stuff he says and it's just an online persona he created to combat trolls.

Archived