The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Edmonton Oilers win the McDavid Sweepstakes

Zfetch

Oilers should either trade the pick for a ransom or deal 2/4 of their "star" forwards.

I'd gladly take RNH off of their hands for Markstrom, they do need some young goaltending

I think they can get Jack Campbell for dirt cheap right now if that's what they want.

Edmonton can make some trades to improve their D.

Sign Markstrom in the offseason.

Keep McDavid in junior for his first year. Make sure his development isn't ruined.

AHL year 2.

NHL year 3.

By that time they should hopefully improve defence and goaltending, and put him in a team that would compete.

There's no way McDavid will sit in junior after his draft year..I doubt any team would do that, not even Detroit (hypothetically)

This game is a business, and McDavid will sell tickets.

Not sure about Markstrom, but if I was MacT, I would make some calls to see what it would take to get Cam Ward out of Carolina.

Might also be worth it to sniff out some talent in Chicago...they will need to dump salary.

Trades will need to happen, but McDavid makes another forward expendable.

If Edmonton wins a cup before Vancouver I am done with the NHL and it's stupid setup.

Rewarding teams for bad management or intentionally tanking is ridiculous. If they would remove the cap at least so teams that are trying to compete can since all the young talent goes to the buttholes of the league there would still be a little parity.

So here's hoping that those that predict the Oilers will still lose are correct. I doubt the NHL would miss me much but I'll miss it less.

With the people in charge I don't see them doing that, but I do agree with what you are saying.

They are suddenly in a position to trade some young guns for big defencemen and even they are not stupid enough not to. They will not lose any sales.

well that proves all the conspiricy nuts wrong. Now Edmonton can package up RNH or THall for a decent return on defense/goaltending, along with their other 1st rounder from Pittsburgh. Maybe, not likely, but maybe, Edmonton will be turning things around finally.

The real conspiracy is that Eichel is the better player anyway.

If Edmonton wins a cup before Vancouver I am done with the NHL and it's stupid setup.

Rewarding teams for bad management or intentionally tanking is ridiculous. If they would remove the cap at least so teams that are trying to compete can since all the young talent goes to the buttholes of the league there would still be a little parity.

So here's hoping that those that predict the Oilers will still lose are correct. I doubt the NHL would miss me much but I'll miss it less.

So wait is edmonton intentionally tanking or do they really just suck?

Archived