The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Edmonton Oilers win the McDavid Sweepstakes

Zfetch

Trade RNH for a good defenseman

Nurse and Klefbom will be good players

Use their 2nd first for a big, strong winger, a reliable, two-way guy like Harkins, or draft another defenseman.

Strengthen bottom 6 through free agency

Suddenly, things don't look horrible

So wait is edmonton intentionally tanking or do they really just suck?

I don't think it was intentional. It does bother me to see them get rewarded for totally inept management, but it's better than seeing Buffalo rewarded for an admittedly deliberate tank. Is that 4 first overalls in 6 years now for Edmonton? They need to figure out how to draft beyond the 10th overall pick before they become a franchise though.

Ultimately, I'm happier having him in Edmonton than in Buffalo or Toronto but still, I hate to see Edmonton land him after picking first overall in 2010-12. Any other team would have turned it around by now, but oh well. It's nice to see one of the marquee names out west for once too.

Why are you guys crying. Oilers wont be a threat to Canucks anytime soon and hes in Canada. Just shut up.

Strike a nerve? Pretty sensitive about an potential Oilers prospect.

Even Conner looked upset at the likelihood of going Edmonton.

Just for speculation purposes for those talking about him not reporting, when would/could/should McDavid declare that he wanted to go into the college system?

I was thinking it would be a giggle if he pulled a Shultz and then signed somewhere else, or has that loophole been closed?

regards,

G.

It's not so bad.

We'll get to see him up close 6 times a season.

FWIW, he's not going to turn that franchise around on his own. I expect they'll trade some core pieces like Yak and Eberle to bring in some seasoned NHL players.

Archived