The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Message to canucks players

winter

My speech would be.

How badly do you guys want it " with a picture of the cup behind me " We have to beat them at their own game. You want to go home to your family to your kids knowing you lost and we could have done better? We are this close to being out guys so wake the f*** up play for each other and the 100,000 fans that want to see you succeed. We are not going out with out a fight. Finish your check, play between the whistles. Im telling you right now you take a dumb penalty its over. Im not gonna sweet talk you guys saying everything is ok and if we stick to the plan we will win. Cause id be lying. Work hard, play smart and you will like the result.

This, prove you all have one of these

giphy.gif

Prove it by playing like you do. Play your damn heart out and even if you lose, I can respect you and be happy if you put it all on the line and put up a fight. But if you dont, then I'll be the first calling for you to be moved.

Even the grinch has a damn heart, but I'm not sure this team does.

"So, you guys know how old Sam Bennett is? He's 18...18. How old? 18. You clowns are being schooled by some runt who can't even do a chin up and a god dammed umpaloompa. WTF is that? You guys are skating around, lost on the ice, afraid of some Jr version of Torres. Pansies. Hope you all wore your bra's and have your purses packed with tissue. Bitches."

Something like that.

Edit- I'm a tough love kinda coach.

Willie should walk into the dressing room and do a power point featuring the following pictures; Linden hugging McLean in the 94 playoffs, the Pat Quinn picture posted earlier in this thread, a picture of Burrows being taken to the hospital, and then hand each Canuck the Quinn era stick in the rink jersey to wear for Game 5.

If they still lose, Mr. Benning please feel free to go to town this summer.

Archived