The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Riots Reported In Baltimore After The Funeral Of Freddie Gray

SabreFan1

Freddie Gray Arrest Record

Gray had a lengthy arrest record with convictions dating back until at least 2007, according to the Maryland Department of Justice. Not all of the arrests led to convictions, in many of the cases he pleaded guilty to one charge while the others were dropped. Details of when he spent time in prison were not immediately available. His arrest record includes at least 18 arrests:

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
  • March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
  • January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
  • January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
  • December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
  • December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
  • January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
  • September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
  • April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
  • July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
  • March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
  • February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
  • August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
  • August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
Baltimore police say gangs 'teaming up' to take out officers

There are bad people everywhere. Doesn't matter if they're white, black, brown, Asian, Mexican, etc. However, when there are stats like a third of black males are jailed in their lifetime, why don't they take any responsibility for that? Generally, if you're not committing a crime, police are there to help you. That doesn't mean police aren't responsible for the lack of respect and judgment they show these people once they are in custody. But these protesters chanting black lives matter have the wrong attitude and aren't helping.

I don't have population numbers but I know there are a lot of Hispanics in America. A lot of them are impoverished, poor families that have to go through the same disadvantages as African Americans do. But when I turn on the tv I don't see news headlines like Mexican man runs from police, is beaten and killed, rioters burn down Los Angeles. I think the reason that more blacks are in jail is because they commit more crimes. And they deserve to be in there. I think it's a culture thing. Rap music culture specifically. It's a lifestyle choice to let your pants hang down around your ass, sell drugs and post Facebook pics of yourself holding a gun in the mirror. And it seems that it's more predominantly a black thing to do. A select few are ruining reputations for the majority. Much in the same way that since 9/11 Americans think all Muslims are terrorists. If you don't want to be put into a position where the police are going to put their hands on you, don't give them a reason to.

Too many people are losing their lives over completely preventable situations.

Michael Brown, steals cigars from a shop, slaps around shop owner, jay walks, fights with a cop. Killed. Wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been acting like a thug.

Freddie Gray, sees a cop, runs, cops arrest him, throw him in wagon, he loses it in the wagon so they have to put shackles on him, dies. Would it have happened if he didn't run from the police? Impossible to know but I don't think so.

People are dying because of the poor choices they made and the response is to burn police cars, fight cops, loot and destroy stores! Not only are they not helping their own cause but they're reinforcing the already unfair and negative stereotypes.

Police aren't perfect. Some of the officers involved should be fired and or face charges. But ffs, stop blaming others for your own mistakes. If you don't want to be treated like thugs, stop acting like them.

Freddie Gray Arrest Record

Gray had a lengthy arrest record with convictions dating back until at least 2007, according to the Maryland Department of Justice. Not all of the arrests led to convictions, in many of the cases he pleaded guilty to one charge while the others were dropped. Details of when he spent time in prison were not immediately available. His arrest record includes at least 18 arrests:

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
  • March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
  • January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
  • January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
  • December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
  • December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
  • January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
  • September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
  • April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
  • July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
  • March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
  • February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
  • August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
  • August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
Baltimore police say gangs 'teaming up' to take out officers

16 of 18 arrests were for drugs.

What a menace to society! He deserved to be shot!

:(

There are bad people everywhere. Doesn't matter if they're white, black, brown, Asian, Mexican, etc. However, when there are stats like a third of black males are jailed in their lifetime, why don't they take any responsibility for that? Generally, if you're not committing a crime, police are there to help you. That doesn't mean police aren't responsible for the lack of respect and judgment they show these people once they are in custody. But these protesters chanting black lives matter have the wrong attitude and aren't helping.

I don't have population numbers but I know there are a lot of Hispanics in America. A lot of them are impoverished, poor families that have to go through the same disadvantages as African Americans do. But when I turn on the tv I don't see news headlines like Mexican man runs from police, is beaten and killed, rioters burn down Los Angeles. I think the reason that more blacks are in jail is because they commit more crimes. And they deserve to be in there. I think it's a culture thing. Rap music culture specifically. It's a lifestyle choice to let your pants hang down around your ass, sell drugs and post Facebook pics of yourself holding a gun in the mirror. And it seems that it's more predominantly a black thing to do. A select few are ruining reputations for the majority. Much in the same way that since 9/11 Americans think all Muslims are terrorists. If you don't want to be put into a position where the police are going to put their hands on you, don't give them a reason to.

Too many people are losing their lives over completely preventable situations.
Michael Brown, steals cigars from a shop, slaps around shop owner, jay walks, fights with a cop. Killed. Wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been acting like a thug.
Freddie Gray, sees a cop, runs, cops arrest him, throw him in wagon, he loses it in the wagon so they have to put shackles on him, dies. Would it have happened if he didn't run from the police? Impossible to know but I don't think so.

People are dying because of the poor choices they made and the response is to burn police cars, fight cops, loot and destroy stores! Not only are they not helping their own cause but they're reinforcing the already unfair and negative stereotypes.

Police aren't perfect. Some of the officers involved should be fired and or face charges. But ffs, stop blaming others for your own mistakes. If you don't want to be treated like thugs, stop acting like them.

It's really not that simple..

Alot of factors that are beyond some people's control lead them to the path of misery, crime, etc..

Racial profiling, drugs, lack of opportunity, education, I could go on.

This isnt just reserved for the black communities as Hispanics have this issue too, but at a lesser degree..

It's really not that simple..

Alot of factors that are beyond some people's control lead them to the path of misery, crime, etc..

Racial profiling, drugs, lack of opportunity, education, I could go on.

This isnt just reserved for the black communities as Hispanics have this issue too, but at a lesser degree..

I absolutely agree. These are issues that need to be fixed. It's 2015. Poverty shouldn't exist in developed countries anymore. It just bothers me that these people are being treated like angels when they are criminals. Did they deserve to die? Absolutely not, there is no excuse for some of the excessive force and shady practices that some police officers have shown. But these were all preventable. If they hadn't have been acting like thugs they never would have been killed. And now the protesters are taking out their frustrations on stores that have nothing to do with it.

The ones that are breaking the law are bringing everyone else down. The gangster attitude popularized by black culture makes me sick. Kids look up to these rap stars flashing their money and guns and we wonder why more black people end up in jail. Not saying that's the only reason but all of this feels preventable and unnecessary.

I don't think anyone is fooled into thinking this has anything to do with Freddie Gray.

Just another incident of a bunch of idiots being a complete drain on society.

Nothing is going to change until this stupid gang culture that engulfs the ghettos is eliminated. Problem is change needs to come from the people residing in these ghettos and they are far too preoccupied blaming others for their problems and improving their street cred.

I don't think anyone is fooled into thinking this has anything to do with Freddie Gray.

Nothing is going to change until this stupid gang culture that engulfs the ghettos is eliminated. Problem is change needs to come from the people residing in these ghettos and they are far too preoccupied blaming others for their problems and improving their street cred.

This

But how?

Unfortunately, this is never gonna happen. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer, and change will never occur unless the rich help the poor. Since money and greed are such forces in our society, it will barely happen if it does at all.

I think the issue is a little more complicated than gang culture. Gang culture is a natural response that isn't unique to blacks in the US.

Blacks face discrimination in every facet of society. In health, they're thought to feel less pain than white people, and are treated as such. In drugs, they're wrongly perceived as selling more than white people. Literally a third has done time in prison, mostly for drugs - a victimless crime, and released convicts don't face great job odds. One really just has to remember the 2008 election, when the true America showed its colors. The country is broken. Inequality is reaching such levels that the cracks are becoming more obvious. It's bad for everyone, but blacks were already worse off. As the middle class dwindles, and more and more people need three jobs to live on, blacks can't even get the three jobs. Read the thirteenth amendment, consider the numbers of blacks in prison and the fact prisons are for profit, and tell me slavery is dead.

Forming gangs is literally what you should expect desperate people in poverty to do. Russia? Full of gangs. South America? Full of gangs. Asia? Full of gangs. It's not blacks.

Archived