The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Riots Reported In Baltimore After The Funeral Of Freddie Gray

SabreFan1

http://www.people.com/article/baltimore-orioles-game-public-barred-camden-yards

Public barred from Orioles game today

The Baltimore Orioles will take on the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday at the Orioles' home stadium, Camden Yards, but fans won't be allowed to watch from the stands.

Riots and protests throughout Baltimore prompted Major League Baseball officials to close the stadium for public safety.

"After conversations with the Orioles and local officials, we believe that these decisions are in the best interests of fan safety and the deployment of city resources," MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by violence in Baltimore, and everyone in our game hopes for peace and the safety of a great American city."

I always wondered how a game would go down without a crowd. Would be intereting to be a fly on a bleacher there today.

It's so unfortunate because the powers that be and the media are going to look for any possible reason to discredit the movement and legitimate protest, and these rioters are handing them the perfect excuse to do so

Did the Panthers not give you enough of an example?

Yes, but I doubt they'll televise this game. They shouldn't if the mlb knows what's good for them.

It's so unfortunate because the powers that be and the media are going to look for any possible reason to discredit the movement and legitimate protest, and these rioters are handing them the perfect excuse to do so

Uh, what part of this doesn't look legit to you? These riots are very real.

We need more moms like this, as well as dads. Maybe we should send the police home and send all the moms in to take care of this : :D

Remember that this is 'Murica. By now a lawyer has seen this and is looking into pressing charges for assault and/or a civil suit.

dont think this kind of behavior will stop.. the black community will always find a way to blame others.. some police might be in the wrong doing... but most of the time blacks are the one causing the problem.. look at at those that got killled, all have serious or long criminal record but their community choose to ignore them..

many of these kids are raise by one parent so they lack love and protection.. most have no eduction or very little of... impossible to find work... so they expect things just handed to them ...

I'd get banned for what I really want to say.

So I will just say ignorance is bliss I guess.

The way the Surrey jacks are going, I can see the future of Baltimore similar to Surrey's future. Lack of parenting from Surrey jacks, will lead to more crime and you fill in the blanks. Surrey's future doesn't look bright at all. Btw another shooting happened last night. lol

Good insight lol..

As much as Surrey tries to portray itself as the future of the lower mainland you're right about the Surrey Jacks..

Those fools are crazy mofo.. they need mothers like in the video above.

The only reason they lack parents is either they're super rich and the parents don't care or their parents work 40+ hours a week and double shifts, etc.. and are too busy to keep track of their children.

I met some Jacks in Victoria they literally took over some random persons party and started charging money at the door.. my very first encounter with them

11 Stupid Reasons White People Have Rioted

http://www.alternet.org/11-stupid-reasons-white-people-have-rioted

See #9

what_is_this_i_don__t_even_by_diespitris

this is only gonna get worse .. spread like wildfire

Nah... that's what people said during the Ferguson riots..

What will see in the future is a bunch of riots that may have good intentions or reasons behind them, but instead will just result in more crime and destruction..

If people really want change they need to band together and form a coherent movement..

what_is_this_i_don__t_even_by_diespitris

Nah... that's what people said during the Ferguson riots..

What will see in the future is a bunch of riots that may have good intentions or reasons behind them, but instead will just result in more crime and destruction..

If people really want change they need to band together and form a coherent movement..

I think they have there were protests in a few cities last night (Ferguson, Chicago, Oakland, Denver) in solidarity with Baltimore and there are more tonight (some right now, look at NY). I don't think those protests last night got much attention. The movement is growing, and I think it will only continue to grow until there are large systemic changes made.

Archived