The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official E cigarette/Vape appreciation thread

CALGARY!

Let's be honest here. You start smoking to look cool. E-cigs make you look the opposite of cool.

Only idiots and kids smoke to look "cool". Adults smoke when they are stressed because of work, life or the cravings they get after a bottle of beer.

Vapes are for quitting smoking man, you're doing it wrong.

No, vapes are for whatever you want them to be. My mother probably intakes more nicotine than before, but she likes it, and so do I. No more smell, probably better health, better teeth, and none of the garbage that goes into tobacco cigarettes. She only uses the lightest concentration (there is an option with zero nicotine) with the mildest flavour and uses a very small e-cig (honestly, no point in buying a huge ugly, smoking sex toy). She doesn't do it to get in anyone's face, it's just her way of not smoking cigarettes. Now, the OP is probably vaping way too much if he's desperate for more nicotine even after using the biggest concentration, but a heavy vaper is way better than a straight-up chain smoker.

You guys have become completely brainwashed by the tobacco corporations. I bet my ass they're funding some of these anti e-cig studies. Nothing has scared big tobacco more than this. And you guys are actually siding with big tobacco. What a joke.

Let's be honest here. You are being extremely pretentious and judgemental of others right now. Do you honestly believe that middle-aged folk do this to look cool? You're a joke.

I'd imagine most of them do it as a sad crutch and/or simply out of habit.

Here's an idea. Use them to help get off nicotine for good.

I was at a Lions game last season and some heffer in front of me was sucking on her vape like it was the only source of oxygen left in the world. It had an atrocious vanilla scent that made me want to puke. I had to endure it all game and it gave me a splitting headache.

How the hell are people are allowed to use those things indoors? It's smoking; no matter which way you slice it. Go outside like everyone else who smokes.

Well it isn't smoking actually, no matter how you slice it.

Doesn't mean those douchers puffing giant clouds indoors or in really public areas aren't being obnoxious douchers. I say this as a smoker.

I used it to quit smoking. You can buy different levels of nicotine. I just gradually went less and less. Then I smoked it with no nicotine for a month or so. When I dropped it and it broke, I just stopped.

If you use it the right way, it is a great and safe way to quit smoking.

But don't be a douche and walk around the mall smoking it

Let's be honest here. You are being extremely pretentious and judgemental of others right now. Do you honestly believe that middle-aged folk do this to look cool? You're a joke.

No, but when they first started it was probably to look cool, I know I did when I was in HS (thank god I didn't get hooked)...thing is when they become middle-aged they are probably already addicted and don't really have a choice..

Archived