The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Shero may shop #6 pick for scoring help

I'm shocked someone hasn't said the Sedin's.

New Jersey is one of the few teams with cap space. And they seem to like older players.

Not recommending it. Just sayin'

NJD

D. Sedin

H. Sedin

VAN

Larsson

6th ´15

NJD

D. Sedin

H. Sedin

VAN

Larsson

6th ´15

sedins would cost more than larsson they are a guarenteed 120 points combined if not 140

it would take larsson and 6th overall and gelinas to get them a bunch of teams would pay even more if van retained 2 mill on each contract fingers crossed we need young canadian kids like virtanen

Hanifin would definitely be an option if he fell to 6th, I don't see that happening though. Crouse is good but doesn't really represent anything that we need desperately.

Rantanen represents something we have been searching for for quite awhile. A big first line center.

Everyone says well we have Horvat, McCann, and Cassels so we're good. I don't see it that way. I think those guys could turn into great second and third line centers, but I don't see them being dynamic enough to be a number 1.

Of the three, I think McCann is the more likely of being a number 1 centre but I agree it's more likely he'd settle into a good/great 2nd line centre.

Rantanen sounds pretty sweet but I'd be concerned about the points which puts me off. My pick would lean towards Mitchell Marner, he sounds like a spunky high-skilled and shifty type of player that can play centre or winger. The size is a bit concerning but that seems to be a diminishing factor.

Other pick I could see is Barzal, BC connection who seems to play a smart game and a high-iq type of player. Good stat lines in World Juniors and decent overall in the WHL which seems to be a harder league to score in than the OHL.

Both are not the big centre people are dreaming about but I think both are the type of players that are needed on our prospect pool.

Blockingbuster!!

To NJ

Sedin

Sedin

Miller

2015 23 overall

2018 6th rounder

To Van

2015 6 overall

Larsson/Gelinas

Schneider

2017 3rd round

How does Miller fit into their timeline? How do the Sedins for that matter? I only ask because I really want Larsson and the 6th, and it would be a dream to have Schneider back...

Kassian + Cassels/McCann + Lack + Bieksa + 1st

Watch them trade it and Hanifin goes 6th. lol

Realistically high picks in good drafts are supremely overvalued. Which is why they are rarely moved.

A deal I could live with : Bieksa, Vey, 1st.

A deal they'd want : Bieksa, Subban, 1st.

Watch them trade it and Hanifin goes 6th. lol

Realistically high picks in good drafts are supremely overvalued. Which is why they are rarely moved.

A deal I could live with : Bieksa, Vey, 1st.

A deal they'd want : Bieksa, Subban, 1st.

Don't they have an influx of young d-men? They'd probably want some forwards. Maybe a back up goalie.

The Pens were always high on, and sad Parise left.

We have a prospect in our system who in an equally deep draft was compared to Parise/Kane (lite)

Why not offer them a Shinkaruk, a Lack or Markstrom and a + for the 6th overall? Or sweeten the pot and try to obtain Larsson as well.

That Parise loss stung like nothing else for Jersey fans. Small consolation I know but they need forward help badly. We have forwards.

Something to think about.

The Pens were always high on, and sad Parise left.

We have a prospect in our system who in an equally deep draft was compared to Parise/Kane (lite)

Why not offer them a Shinkaruk, a Lack or Markstrom and a + for the 6th overall? Or sweeten the pot and try to obtain Larsson as well.

That Parise loss stung like nothing else for Jersey fans. Small consolation I know but they need forward help badly. We have forwards.

Something to think about.

How do we sweeten the pot though? Kassian?

Shink + Markstrom + Kassian + 1st

for

6th overall + Larsson?

I'd do it.

Yeah for sure. Getting a big skilled center should top the list for JB. If he could somehow get that pick from Jersey and draft him, it could be a pretty awesome group down the middle in the years to come

Rantanen

Horvat

McCann

Bonino

or

Rantanen

Horvat

Cassels

Bonino

Baertschi Rantanen Virtanen

Shink Horvat Kassian

Guance McCann Grenier

Kenins Bonino Dorset/Jensen

Looks a-ok to me

Yes i like this except having Bonino in the fourth line. I hate Bonino with a passion. I just don't like the way he plays and skates.

Vrbata, Vey and 1st should do it IMO.

They get a 30-goal scorer on a cheap contract who could possibly resign with them. A decent prospect who could develop into a 40-50ish point producer and a first round which should be more valuable than recent years 1st round picks.

Would be willing to throw in some other pieces if needed but not half the team as some of you suggests.

Archived