Rights to Mark Letustu

38th Pick 2015

FOR

Kevin Bieksa

Chris Higgins

Frank Corrado

Nicklas Jensen

2nd Round Pick 2016

*Would you guys do: Pick 23 and 2016 2nd Rounder for Picks 34, 38, and 69?

**Columbus has so many fantastic players in their system. Them, Nashville, San Jose, NYR and Winnipeg have drafted so well the past 3 years. I would love for JB to enquire about the following players:

Artem Anisimov (Shawn Matthias replacement. He's most likely available too. Almost dealt for Perron til he got injured)

Matt Calvert (There's another level to his game. Replaces Higgins as 3rd line LW, but starts on 2nd til Baertschi's ready)

Mark Letestu (Would love to reunite him with Dorsett to make a perfect 4th line for playoffs. Kenins the third guy)

Brandon Dubinsky (Was shopped at deadline. Reunite him with Hansen. Makes for a fast two-way line with Virtanen)

Cody Goloubef (Waiver eligible. Ryan Stanton type situation. AHL all-star who just needs an opportunity. Claim him )

Fedor Tyutin (Two years left at 4.5 mil. Would be the ideal mentor for Pedan, Tryamkin, Provarov, and Gavrikov)

Josh Anderson (He and Horvat were shutdown masters for Canada and at London)

Oliver Bjorkstrand (Stats almost good as Baertschi's. Vey at center. Comparable to Monarchs line w/Toffoli+Pearson)

Kerby Rychel (With Dano Wennberg Jenner Bjokrstrand etc. ahead of him, I bet Bieksa plus a bit gets him)

Ryan Collins (6'5 beast. I bet he was JB's target 50th Overall. But CBJ took him, so we dealt the pick for Vey)

Dillon Heatherington (Had a very poor season, besides his solid play at WJC. Can probably get him for a decent price)

Mike Reilly (Man he looks good huh? Looked more like Morgan Reilly. Swap for Jensen. Jarmo likes his Scandinavians)

Nick Moutrey (Yet another great mid round steal by Jarmo. He's gonna become a very good bottom 6 winger)

Oscar Dansk (For a 5th. Camp w/Lack+Markstrom, training w/Melanson+Cloutier. Might work like it did Markstrom)

Fantastic news guys!!!!!

Noticed lotsa Mike Reilly fans in this thread. Watching Bronze medal game right now, and they say July 1st, Reilly is free to negotiate with any team. Dunno how thats possible, maybe I heard wrong n they were talking bout someone else. Or maybe, its a Justin Schultz type situation. Either way, this would make up for the 2nd Pick we don't have. Like getting Bill Sweatt for free, although he never panned out. Maybe a better example is Kevin Hayes. Sign him, draft Chabot or Dunn, and we are set with those 2, Subban, Hutton, Clendinning as offensive D. Then we have Corrado, Tryamkin, Pedan, Cederholm, Stewart, Andersson as our defensive dmen. Then we have Sautner, McNally, Liberati, McEneny that are trying to figure out what type of dmen they will become

Baertschi McCann Virtanen

Shinkaruk Cassels Jensen

Gaunce Friesen Grenier

Fox Pettit Blomstrand

Hutton Clendinning

Tryamkin Corrado

Pedan Subban

Demko

*If we are able to sign Reilly, I say we use the 1st on a offensive fwd like Debrusk or Connor. We still dont have enough high end offensive talent in my opinion. We need Sedin replacements. Currently we have close to ten future 2nd and 3rd liners, which is great. But itd be nice if JB can pull off acquiring a top 10 talent like Barzel or Marner (I feel someone takes Provorov around 6, 7, 8). A couple guys who may actually fall like Shinkaruk and McCann, are Nick Merkley, Travis Konecny, Daniel Sprong and Kyle Connor. We should go that route instead of 2nd line PWF's like Bittner.

Acquire a 2nd and grab a guy like Vonde Sompel or Dermott (although I would be way to tempted to take John Roslovic). If we can't, get a 3rd and go with Rasmus Andersson. Also, let Thomas Gradin use our 4th to find an Edler/Forsling type diamond with his traditional Allsvensken steal in the mid rounds. With our 5th, Dymytro Timashov please. He will fall like Brayden Point did cuz of size, but this guy has Nic Petan skill level. In the final two rounds, I like JB's thinking of being realistic, and selecting future 4th liners and 6th dmen like Pettit and Stewart. With our 6th, take whichever 6'7 dman is left between Chris Martenet and Riley Bruce (If its Martenet, next year take his defence partner Viktor Mete. Kids a future Sami Vatanen). With our 7th Pick, I really really hope we select overager Nick Betz. I see this guy as a 4th line call-up as early as next season, and full time NHLer the following year. He can have Dale Weise/Tom Wilson/Matt Martin type impact on games. Scoresheet, body, or fist's. He reminds me a lot of Kyle Clifford.

Similar player to Virtanen and would strive with Kassian (think they know each other from playing in Windsor too) but unless it's Bieksa or any of the Utica dmen were sending then I wouldn't do it, the Canucks defense is already on the decline.

BLOCKBUSTER TIME:

Kerby Rychel

Josh Anderson

Fedor Tyutin

Rights to Mark Letustu

38th Pick 2015

FOR

Kevin Bieksa

Chris Higgins

Frank Corrado

Nicklas Jensen

2nd Round Pick 2016

*Would you guys do: Pick 23 and 2016 2nd Rounder for Picks 34, 38, and 69?

Fun fact: Josh Anderson was picked using the Canucks 4th round pick that they acquired from NYI via Ehrhoff's rights which they then traded to Columbus in the Pahlsson deal.

Yes, because CBJ trading their recent first round pick for a downgrade on their blue line makes sense.

For an upgrade like Dan Hamhuis, it would make some sense.

I didn't suggest it would work for Jarmo, only that it would work for me.

I'd do that too (especially considering Corrado and Clendening are the ones fighting for NHL spots next year), but would Bieksa waive for CBJ and would they even want him?

As usual, someone will be able to make a better offer. There are teams with a surplus on D, particularly young, talented D that could make a deal that's better for CBJ.

Keep repeating that, it might become true.

gif.gif

I have no idea if and where Juice would consider waiving to but I can imagine that CLB is one of the few teams that might be able to give him sufficient playing time to make him think about it. There is the Bowling Green connection and they could use a veteran RHD to help out that D corps.

Naturally, I don't think that Bieksa, with one year remaining, would be enough to snag Rychel but if Jensen/Corrado was included it might be close. I can imagine that Juice might be an attractive piece to them as a rental because he adds quite a few qualities they are looking for back there....experience, physicality, and leadership. Though his salary is a lot for a small market team he might be a reasonable bet to re-sign with them, if he is open to that locale, for a reduced amount next year as he is the type of guy who prefers stability. Bieksa is a smart guy and a pragmatist. If he thinks he could find a home there for his twilight then he could get to prolong his career and make a few more million dollars.

I'm of the opinion that any D Columbus looks toward will not be of the younger variety but of the veteran type. They are young enough on the backend for the time being. Their need is to make the playoffs immediately. Bieksa for all his faults is still a nice addition to that squad.

I didn't suggest it would work for Jarmo, only that it would work for me.

I have no idea if and where Juice would consider waiving to but I can imagine that CLB is one of the few teams that might be able to give him sufficient playing time to make him think about it. There is the Bowling Green connection and they could use a veteran RHD to help out that D corps.

Naturally, I don't think that Bieksa, with one year remaining, would be enough to snag Rychel but if Jensen/Corrado was included it might be close. I can imagine that Juice might be an attractive piece to them as a rental because he adds quite a few qualities they are looking for back there....experience, physicality, and leadership. Though his salary is a lot for a small market team he might be a reasonable bet to re-sign with them, if he is open to that locale, for a reduced amount next year as he is the type of guy who prefers stability. Bieksa is a smart guy and a pragmatist. If he thinks he could find a home there for his twilight then he could get to prolong his career and make a few more million dollars.

I'm of the opinion that any D Columbus looks toward will not be of the younger variety but of the veteran type. They are young enough on the backend for the time being. Their need is to make the playoffs immediately. Bieksa for all his faults is still a nice addition to that squad.

His salary this coming year is down to $2.5 mill (he had a 5 year contract that started at $7 million the first year and ended at $2.5 mill the final year) though his cap hit is still $4.6. Columbus is well below the cap with most of their players signed, so they might find the relatively low salary attractive and the cap hit manageable.

His salary this coming year is down to $2.5 mill (he had a 5 year contract that started at $7 million the first year and ended at $2.5 mill the final year) though his cap hit is still $4.6. Columbus is well below the cap with most of their players signed, so they might find the relatively low salary attractive and the cap hit manageable.

Good point.

Though they will be nowhere near the floor this year anyway.

Well Pears, that's a pretty decent notion. Agreed that we'd have to add a bit more.

Would be willing to add a gt or Shink perhaps...

Like Tanev, but sure wish he had a point shot. It would be sink-or-swim for Corrado & Clenden, but that might be interesting? A roll of the dice, no doubt.

Or would they consider?..

Tanev, Cassels, Lack, 2016 3rd(if necc)

For: Rychel & 2015 8th Overall

Essentially two 3rd's & two FA signings, for TWO 1st rounders.

Cassels ain't going anywhere

Anyone think we could get away with Tanev+23rd overall+ for Rychel and the 8th?

Johnson - Tanev

Murray - Savard

Tyutin - Connauton

Pretty nice defence.

Sounds good but we would need to draft a dman with that #8 and make another trade for d and some how manage to coax another GM to take Bieksa. But I do think it would work.

Archived