The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Abby kid Juulsen would love to be a Canucks pick

Canucks

You have to love the fact that he's a local boy with the connection to Virtanen. Sounds like he has top 2 potential for sure. I would be very pleased to select him at 23. I'm hoping with the addition of a 2nd rounder that we can select Vince Dunn, as well. These two guys could be a strong 1-2 punch for years to come!

Really hoping we pick him up somehow. I like his game. He's been rising all season and he's a local kid.

Agreed. Would love to see the Canucks pick up this kid. He is listed at 6-2 on the NHL database. On average players add about an inch from age 18 to age 20 or 21. He is light, but he should fill out be a decent size in the NHL. Add that to his skill set and his attitude and he would be a great addition to the team.

I don't think he's worth the 23rd, or even 31st if we get it from Buffalo, but if Benning got a pick between 36-40 I would definitley take him there

37th supposedly.

I didn't know he was from Abbotsford.

I've read descriptions of his playing style and he seems like a great pick. Good stats too. I wouldn't mind using the 23rd on him. He seems like the lowest risk defenseman to take at 23, IMO.

Still would prefer to take another defenseman as well, and maybe acquiring a high second to pick Juulsen

The three comments about suggest he might slot in as high as 23 or as low as 40. The various mock drafts have him all over the place. As Benning has said, once you get past the top 15 or so picks there is a lot of uncertainty as those players are all several years away from being able to play in the NHL.

Personally I think it would be hard to justify taking him at #23, But I would love to take him at #31 if the Canucks get Buffalo's pick in return for Lack. And of course that means I would be very happy to take him at #33 if the Canucks get that pick from Edmonton for Lack. The Dallas pick at #49 is probably not high enough. I think he goes before then.

What order do you guys rank these three dmen:

Noah. Rasmus. Vince.

I want all three!

Those are the 3 I want to above all the other d men not named hanifin, provorov, werenski.

All 3 will be available at 23 and a good chance all 3 available at 31, with Juulsen rainked the highest by iss.

If we could get both of buffalo's 2nds then we have a strong chance at all 3 but I would take Dunn first out of those 3, a 2nd for Bieksa - there is a great guy there with CBJ drafting at 34 and 38! (We all know the Bieksa- ohio connection)

Lack to Buffalo for 31, 51 (or is it 52?)

Bieksa and McNally to CBJ for 34 and 68.

I like Harkins a lot.

23-Harkins

31- Dunn

34- Juulsen

51- Andersson

I liked Gary Valk's comments the other day about Van having to many 'clearers' and not enough bangers on the d-line. Sbisa was the closest thing to a banger other than Bieksa. Bieksa not so much anymore although he might have had a lingering injury last season.

It became very obvious last year that teams wanted to play the Van d-core physically. The turnover rate in the d-zone was regular.

All the young Van defensemen are on the NHL small side. Corrado and Clendenning will not add to that. When Weber showed offensive upside he was targeted. The Calgary series was not unique to the season. Hartley just had to look at the video to see that. It is one of the reasons I wanted Edler's role to morph into a more defensive one with less emphasis on offense. He has the size to make a difference. Stanton had a little of that in him but not enough size.

Archived