The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

first goal where boeser did the stick wave, the one that changed the tides

Okay well you were talking about the 2-1 goal. Boeser had nothing to do with that play.

Boeser had a chance to clear on the first goal yes. I'd hardly pin it all on him though.

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

My argument has been since draft day that benning failed to pick the best player at 23 and as of right now I'm still right as Boeser was a no show, and Konecny proved my point

That's nice. Want a cookie?

My argument has been since draft day that benning failed to pick the best player at 23 and as of right now I'm still right as Boeser was a no show, and Konecny proved my point

a hungry troll desperately seeking some attention.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Didn't they both get two points this tournament?

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Not allowed to question bennings decision.  Only WDs. 

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

nice try I don't have to defend his play spoke for itself.   can you say that about Boeser....   ya ya  till the next development test.   Konecny will be playing in the NHL next year as he should have made the flyers team this year from his play in preseason.   Is Boeser even remotely close to anything like that or is he better off getting his degree. lol       I'm done here Ive proven my point so far.   and its not about Boeser, its about Benning.

You have proven nothing, except maybe your ineptitude at evaluating prospects.

Continue your love in.  I'm actually thinking of buying a Nucks jersey and putting 23 on the back and konecnys name, with 16 on one shoulder for linden and number 4 on the other for bennings as that was his number. 

Please do.

5 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

nice try I don't have to defend his play spoke for itself.   can you say that about Boeser....   ya ya  till the next development test.   Konecny will be playing in the NHL next year as he should have made the flyers team this year from his play in preseason.   Is Boeser even remotely close to anything like that or is he better off getting his degree. lol       I'm done here Ive proven my point so far.   and its not about Boeser, its about Benning.

This comment says it all, to me.  It proves your short-sightedness.  You can't see past the very moment you're standing in. 

Life after hockey exists, and, lasts much longer than a playing career.  The fact you think it would be funny for him to get a degree really shows the lack of mental capacity people are trying to argue with.  Trying to reason with you is like trying to stuff a bowling ball into a ziploc bag.

• Upvote 1

My lord this thread has turned into a boeser bash fest/boeser vs koneckny thread. Boeser is snake bitten and is having a bad tourny.......who cares! To me it seems more like the guy iz just having a bad week rather then bad prospect. Im glad jb took a guy with boom or bust potential over another 2way gritt player like koneckny. The kid is putting up great numbers in a league thats much much harder to score in. Anyone who says the chl is a better league is out to lunch. Ncaa has way better coaching and a much more structured game defensively. Ppg as a freshman is a much better indicator then a handful of wjc games

1 minute ago, manroth19 said:

My lord this thread has turned into a boeser bash fest/boeser vs koneckny thread. Boeser is snake bitten and is having a bad tourny.......who cares! To me it seems more like the guy iz just having a bad week rather then bad prospect. Im glad jb took a guy with boom or bust potential over another 2way gritt player like koneckny. The kid is putting up great numbers in a league thats much much harder to score in. Anyone who says the chl is a better league is out to lunch. Ncaa has way better coaching and a much more structured game defensively. Ppg as a freshman is a much better indicator then a handful of wjc games

Just one troll.  Most of the others understand the process in becoming an NHL player.

Yes character assassination  is a predicable side effect of being wrong.  good day boys. 

Aww, don't pout!  You were really starting to turn the crowd.  Push through big guy!  You can do it!

On 1/4/2016 at 0:29 PM, chilliwiggins said:

You're dreaming if you think that Konecny will be on the Flyers next year. He was a non-factor in a tournament where his skillset should have made him a standout. I like the kid and I think he develop into a Gallagher type player, but it's going to take him at least as long to develop as Brendan did.

If your point was to prove that you can't stop stop crying about something that you have no control over, you succeeded. 

Boeser's game needs structure and players on the ice to be where they're supposed to be. The WJC isn't that type of tournament, it's more of a scrambly mess. I have no doubt that Boeser will return to form when he gets back to playing games against mature players.

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Continue your love in.  I'm actually thinking of buying a Nucks jersey and putting 23 on the back and konecnys name, with 16 on one shoulder for linden and number 4 on the other for bennings as that was his number. 

Good, then we'll be able to identify you in the wild. :blink:

Luckily Boeser should get chance next season to capture gold as one of the returning players.

Not uncommon for an 18 year old to struggle a bit in their first tournament. Wilson obviously liked something from his game since he kept putting him on the top line.