The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

If Boeser wants Caggiula to come to Vancouver, you already know this kid ain't going to try and pull off a Vesey 2.0. 

After his sophomore, expect Boeser to be with us.

Edited by Odd.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Awesome. Hopefully Stecher has had a talk with him too.

Schmaltz may be trying to pull the other way too, but the biggest factor for him may be the opportunity -- would think there's more here in the midst of a rebuild than Chicago who are at their peak and just tweaking their roster.  If he comes in, then we really do need to draft a Tkachuk or Dubois, and sign an Okposo.  We would then be set up pretty nicely for forwards, especially in a year or so once they and Boeser make the lineup.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tas said:

weird that boeser would try to convince caggiula to sign in van when brock himself is more than likely to sign elsewhere as a ufa in 3 years.

i don't buy it.

Boeser just doesn't want Caggiula to eat up cap space on the team that he really intends to sign with.

Dang, where is a smiley wearing a tinfoil hat when you need one.

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Boeser just doesn't want Caggiula to eat up cap space on the team that he really intends to sign with.

Dang, where is a smiley wearing a tinfoil hat when you need one.

#1 rule, don't waste time with trolls..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

or feed em cookies.

True, on a different note though I like how he's convincing guys to come to van city! He's definetly a good character. Hopefully in a couple years we will have his play making centre.

2 hours ago, tas said:

weird that boeser would try to convince caggiula to sign in van when brock himself is more than likely to sign elsewhere as a ufa in 3 years.

i don't buy it.

Haha what a goof, get a life bud

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure that @tas was being sarcastic and taking a shot at all of the people who have been freaking out about NCAA players recently...

Nice to see that Boeser is pushing for his teammates to sign here. He seems very invested in the Canucks. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Schmaltz may be trying to pull the other way too, but the biggest factor for him may be the opportunity -- would think there's more here in the midst of a rebuild than Chicago who are at their peak and just tweaking their roster.  If he comes in, then we really do need to draft a Tkachuk or Dubois, and sign an Okposo.  We would then be set up pretty nicely for forwards, especially in a year or so once they and Boeser make the lineup.

I agree that Vancouver offers more opportunity than Chicago for Caggiula to make the NHL line-up in the near future.

If Vancouver does draft Tkachuk or Dubois (as we all agree is likely) and signs a good top 6 forward as a UFA (as is also likely), we will have pretty good depth at the forward position, with Horvat, Sutter, Baertschi, McCann and Virtanen as the emerging young core along with maybe one or two of the guys competing for other spots (Etem, Rodin, Granlund, Gaunce etc.) We still need a  franchise-type forward of course, and Caggiula won't fill that role, but maybe Tkachuk or Dubois has that potential.