The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

47 minutes ago, stawns said:

I still think we'll see him in Utica next season.

Why? I know it's a small sample size but he looks NHL ready. We need to score more goals, and he definitely brings that to the team. His play in all 3 zones looks fine. If anything he will need to polish up his skating with Bo this summer.

I'd also prefer he didn't interact with Virtanen juuuussst yet

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Why? I know it's a small sample size but he looks NHL ready. We need to score more goals, and he definitely brings that to the team. His play in all 3 zones looks fine. If anything he will need to polish up his skating with Bo this summer.

Boeser will never be friends with a guy like Virtanen.  Teammates absolutely, but off ice friends, not a chance.  He will hang out with Bo.  They will push each other to be the best player on the team.  Inner compete for guys like those two is likely off the charts.  Jake, not so much:(

4 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I'm in love with Prince Charming. :wub:

He does have that look to him doesn't he!! I've had a man crush since draft day. Had a feeling the kid would be a stud one day!!  Happy for the guy!!  He reminds me a lot of bo in the way he is mature beyond his years and seems to have that work ethic.. exciting to to be a Nucks fan!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Boeser will never be friends with a guy like Virtanen.  Teammates absolutely, but off ice friends, not a chance.  He will hang out with Bo.  They will push each other to be the best player on the team.  Inner compete for guys like those two is likely off the charts.  Jake, not so much:(

What? Not only is Jake a bust, his not friendly too?

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wil i ever become friends with crosby ????

PLS TELL ME 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This is awfully assuming, but you're correct IMO 100%

Leaders and winners distance themselves from party boys. The ball is in Jakes court to prove the skeptics wrong.

Guys like Horvat and (most likely) Boeser have ingrained intangibles, if you will. They're not entitled Marys. Jake can live without a summer of indulgence. He'll damn well thank himself in 20 years if he's man enough to turn down the sirens and good time buddies. 

Easy for me to say that, sitting on the fence though.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I'd love to see him and Virt on the Comets next season.......theyd make a formidable duo.

Brock may very well be in Van next year, but there's absolutely no reason to rush him.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd love to see him and Virt on the Comets next season.......theyd make a formidable duo.

Brock may very well be in Van next year, but there's absolutely no reason to rush him.

It wouldn't be rushing him if he stayed in Van. If we put Jakob Stukel on the team, that would rushing someone. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't get this type dislike for Jake. He is one of our prospects and we shouldn't pit him as some teenage punk. From what I can tell, he is working hard to improve on his deficiencies.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

It wouldn't be rushing him if he stayed in Van. If we put Jakob Stukel on the team, that would rushing someone. 

He's played one game, you have no idea if it's rushing him or not.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I don't get this type dislike for Jake. He is one of our prospects and we shouldn't pit him as some teenage punk. From what I can tell, he is working hard to improve on his deficiencies.

It's a small world and stories get out. It's up to Jake to make the stories a non issue. I'm hugely behind Jake. But it's very clear that VAN management saw fit to have him elsewhere.

By all accounts he is a great piece in UTI right now. So he's gained traction

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Has Jake shown any inner compete?  Has he made off ice sacrifices to be the best?  Can you see Bo or Boeser hanging out with Beiber?  Hopefully this year in the minors, riding buses, is the "jolt" Jake needs to make some sacrifices.  For certain, Bo and Boeser will come to camp next September in top shape.  Are you that certain Jake will?

• Upvote 1