The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

11 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

That's some kind of cast. Procedure was on his wrist but the cast covers past his elbow

A lot of the muscles that control the wrist/fingers go all the way up the forearm to the elbow.

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I imagine there will be a press release on this soon.......

Largely already been covered.

On 2018-04-11 at 3:57 PM, JamesB said:

No surgery on wrist for Boeser. Wrist was still bothering him in year end physical but just needs more time to heal.

September is a long way off. Let's hope that is enough time both both injuries to be fully healed. 

On 2018-04-12 at 9:47 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Well..........that didn't take long  LOL

IMG_2690.JPG

Stalker isn't a crime in Hawaii?   (just kidding).

Bet you that contraction on his wrist is making snorkeling a real challenge let alone mai-tai boat racing....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Stalker isn't a crime in Hawaii?   (just kidding).

Bet you that contraction on his wrist is making snorkeling a real challenge let alone mai-tai boat racing....

Was thinking the same thing. Gotta be a bitch to go all the way to Hawaii and not be able to go in the water :lol:

• Upvote 1

Brock has a couple of injuries now that could end up being nagging just by the locations. Broken legs and arms are usually pretty easy to repair but backs and wrists (a long with knees, shoulders and ankles) are some of the worst. I hope his youth serves him well. 

2 hours ago, The_Aviator said:

Brock has a couple of injuries now that could end up being nagging just by the locations. Broken legs and arms are usually pretty easy to repair but backs and wrists (a long with knees, shoulders and ankles) are some of the worst. I hope his youth serves him well. 

no worries

team already has that covered

dorsett is available to mentor him into early forced retirement should that become reality

4 hours ago, The_Aviator said:

Yup, he should quit now.   Clearly his career is over.   

On 24/04/2018 at 8:56 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Yup, he should quit now.   Clearly his career is over.   

I wouldn't got that far, but it will certainly be something to watch for carefully. He may change the way he plays. Youth will help him. Concussions from slow pitch are the same, right?

27 minutes ago, The_Aviator said:

I wouldn't got that far, but it will certainly be something to watch for carefully. He may change the way he plays. Youth will help him. Concussions from slow pitch are the same, right?

Nah, not remotely same.   Slow pitch is a far more demanding sport than hockey.

Welcome back!

I admit this got my blood boiling a bit, but it goes to show how far out to lunch some of the Eastern based media is.  This is the NHL network ranking the 2017-2018 rookies.  At first I thought they would have Brock at 2nd or 3rd.  Then when they kept listing off player after player with no Brock I was astonished at how out to lunch they were.

This was released last week.  They have Brock as the 7th best rookie...lol.....yeah 29 goals scored with a quarter of the season missed playing with average at best players for long stretches...7th....

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I admit this got my blood boiling a bit, but it goes to show how far out to lunch some of the Eastern based media is.  This is the NHL network ranking the 2017-2018 rookies.  At first I thought they would have Brock at 2nd or 3rd.  Then when they kept listing off player after player with no Brock I was astonished at how out to lunch they were.

This was released last week.  They have Brock as the 7th best rookie...lol.....yeah 29 goals scored with a quarter of the season missed playing with average at best players for long stretches...7th....

Why even let it bother you?   It won't impact the type of player he is for your team.   If anything, having media outlets and forums like TSN etc. downrate your players can be nice dressing room poster material.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Why even let it bother you?   It won't impact the type of player he is for your team.   If anything, having media outlets and forums like TSN etc. downrate your players can be nice dressing room poster material.   

yeah, i know...it did bug me long enough to login and throw a couple "venting" style comments towards them...but now i just see that clip as laughable.  But...it also shows me that the criticism some have of the eastern media - specifically that a lot of these guys dont stay up past 10pm to watch games, is probably founded in some truth.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

yeah, i know...it did bug me long enough to login and throw a couple "venting" style comments towards them...but now i just see that clip as laughable.  But...it also shows me that the criticism some have of the eastern media - specifically that a lot of these guys dont stay up past 10pm to watch games, is probably founded in some truth.

Trust me, I grew up in Ontario and have strong ties in that region and can say that few really understand what happens west of the Ontario/Manitoba border let alone all the way out to your Province which is pretty much in Asia geographically to most people in the centre of the universe in Toronto.   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Really good to hear he is going to find a skating coach. He feels he really needs to focus in on that this off season.  Great things to say about the twins, the city, and the future.

Real down to earth young man. He purchased a home 5 minutes from his mom and dad's place on a lake. :) Good for him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Really good to hear he is going to find a skating coach. He feels he really needs to focus in on that this off season.  Great things to say about the twins, the city, and the future.

Real down to earth young man. He purchased a home 5 minutes from his mom and dad's place on a lake. :) Good for him.

Boeser with speed would make him a threat whenever he's on the ice. Doesn't even have to be Horvat or Virtanen's speed, just an extra step or two.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Darius71 said:

I turned it on, fast forwarded few minutes to see that Barzal was #2... #2!!!! Like who was better than Barzal this year? 85 points in 82 games?

So I went back a minute or so and it was McAvoy who was #1... Then, I realized that this show is geared towards Eastern viewers, in particular, the viewers in the New England region.

Don't let it bother you man. It means nothing.

By the way, is that Kevin Weekes? Man he gained a lot of weight.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Boeser with speed would make him a threat whenever he's on the ice. Doesn't even have to be Horvat or Virtanen's speed, just an extra step or two.

Boeser with speed would be like Stamkos.