The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Perhaps this could even be it's own topic, though maybe once the season is over and finished:

I think an interesting discussion will be on who had a better rookie season, Bure or Boeser? 

In Bure's favour:

- He scored more goals (34 goals and 60 points to Boeser's 29 goals and 55 points)

- He had a higher points-per-game (0.92 points-per-game to Boeser's 0.89 points-per-game)

- He won the Calder

In Boeser's favour:

- He played in a less offensive era

- He was undoubtedly the best player on the team, whereas Bure had Linden, Larionov, and Courtnall to rival him

- Boeser's 2017-18 Canucks were much worse than Bure's 1991-92 Canucks

There's a chance Boeser plays a few games at the end of this season, so things could change a bit, but I think this is an interesting discussion.

14 minutes ago, Bo53 said:

https://www.thescore.com/news/1506410

Boeser taken off IR:ph34r:

This makes little sense. It's been 11 days since his injury. Has he really healed up? Please don't play him just so we can score some goals if he's still injured.

That said, if he's actually healed up...that would be a miracle.

Do you have to be taken off the IR first to be moved to LTIR? Maybe that's happening? The original estimate was 4-6 weeks, so two weeks would be insane.

Is there a limit to how many players we can have in IR?  Saw a video clip of him this morning coming on the ice for the team picture.  He was on skates, but moving very gingerly.  Certainly not playing anytime soon.  Baertchi did it right, sweater and hockey pants, but in street shoes.  

Haven't seen many updates on Boeser's injury.

Saw Boeser, Stecher, MDZ and Tanev at the Keg last night #paparazzi...

Just thought you would like to know that he didn't look like a cripple if anyone was wondering. 

I'm sure he still cant play, but good to see that its not as bad as everyone thought it was initially. 

Edited by SpennyCanuck
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SpennyCanuck said:

Just thought you would like to know that he didn't look like a cripple if anyone was wondering. 

I'm sure he still cant play, but good to see that its not as bad as everyone thought it was initially. 

Did Tanev has socks on?  :lol:

1 minute ago, SpennyCanuck said:

haha didnt notice, but Boeser and Tanev caught me awkwardly staring at them... haha 

Not to worry.  Considering the hockey wild market they play in, I'm betting those guys get stared at a lot.  

• Upvote 1

On 2018-03-16 at 1:25 PM, SpennyCanuck said:

About last week I saw Boeser, Granlund, Loui, Gaunce and Baer at Parq. Was thinking it was pretty funny that the injured hang together haha. 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:08 AM, -AJ- said:

Perhaps this could even be it's own topic, though maybe once the season is over and finished:

I think an interesting discussion will be on who had a better rookie season, Bure or Boeser? 

In Bure's favour:

- He scored more goals (34 goals and 60 points to Boeser's 29 goals and 55 points)

- He had a higher points-per-game (0.92 points-per-game to Boeser's 0.89 points-per-game)

- He won the Calder

In Boeser's favour:

- He played in a less offensive era

- He was undoubtedly the best player on the team, whereas Bure had Linden, Larionov, and Courtnall to rival him

- Boeser's 2017-18 Canucks were much worse than Bure's 1991-92 Canucks

There's a chance Boeser plays a few games at the end of this season, so things could change a bit, but I think this is an interesting discussion.

nice thought

but i do not think it is even close

bure was by far more impressive

his brought a much more varied skill set to his game

and so had many more adjustments to make to fine tune his game to the nhl

he would actually carry games and force teams to game plan against his much more diverse game

i really like brock's game.. who doesn't

but he does not bring much power or raw speed to the team

he is much more subtle overall

and is a bit more 1 dimensional.. he is primarily a deadly sniper

i cannot really think of a game where he carried the team in terms of his play this year

bure was also a sniper

but teams only had to see him once

to see how fast, skilled and dangerous he was

as a result his impact to the canucks was more immediate

and other teams game planned against him almost immediately

he really did carry the team many games

bure had superstar written all over him from pretty much the first time he hit the ice

cannot say the same for brock

he may still end up a superstar, but it is less clear from the outset

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I hope you are enjoying writing in this style but please realize, if others are remotely similar to me, I find it unreadable.   I stop at the first line as my head goes back to a time when forced to read bad poetry or similar.    Bully for you trying to create a style but not sure how many even notice.   I think you were comparing Bure to Boeser but you could also have been describing a beautiful sunset and your unfulfilled dream of being a dancer for all I could tell.

I think he's said in the past that he's tired of conforming to writing standards as he's done all his life, so this is his way of doing things his own way.

That said, I find it very difficult to read as well.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think he's said in the past that he's tired of conforming to writing standards as he's done all his life, so this is his way of doing things his own way.

That said, I find it very difficult to read as well.

I could choose to post in German, for example, as I often tire of English but that doesn't mean I should expect many to understand me.

• Cheers 2