The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

14 hours ago, Derp... said:

Between periods the sportsnet guys said they expect him to play another year in College first. Probably because we have no space on RW

Vrbata?
Hansen

Burrows

Virtanen

Dorsett

Grenier

Jensen

Boeser

Even if Burr moves to LW and Vrby is traded and Jake starts in the AHL we still have:

Hansen

Grenier

Jensen

Dorsett

Grenier is not a top six winger. Neither is Jensen (unless he really takes off). Dorsett same. So really, Boeser doesn't have a lot of competition for top six RW. 

I can see the following as his competition: 

-  Burr
- VIrtanen (most likely starting the year in the AHL...get Green to coach and develop him...)

I wouldn't mind if Boeser went to the AHL with Virtanen too. Boeser is eligible, since he's coming from the NCAA, no? the CHL rules don't apply to him. Is that correct? 

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Grenier is not a top six winger. Neither is Jensen (unless he really takes off). Dorsett same. So really, Boeser doesn't have a lot of competition for top six RW. 

I can see the following as his competition: 

-  Burr
- VIrtanen (most likely starting the year in the AHL...get Green to coach and develop him...)

I wouldn't mind if Boeser went to the AHL with Virtanen too. Boeser is eligible, since he's coming from the NCAA, no? the CHL rules don't apply to him. Is that correct? 

Yep.  He could even play for the Comets this year if the timing works out, and he signs a contract. (like Larkin last year)

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Not a bad move either. They have a good set up from what I heard.

yeah. it would be good for his development. I think after that though he signs with the Canucks and get either more seasoning down in the AHL. or he makes the club outright. at this point. we may see a plethora of youth on the squad as Benning continues to transition the club into the new core. 

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Nope. College players forfeit their eligibility if they attend a pro camp I believe. He signed his contract may 21 according to Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_Larkin

Interesting.  Thank you for the information.  We hope Boeser signs after this college season too.  I wonder if he could play for Utica, if he signed after he completed his spring exams?

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting.  Thank you for the information.  We hope Boeser signs after this college season too.  I wonder if he could play for Utica, if he signed after he completed his spring exams?

Yeah his exams would probably  end in time for him to join Utica. Can't remember what American exam schedules look like but they're usually done before Canada.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Which is fine because it's a good program. It's the opposite problem that jake has. The hitmen are a mess. If jake was a London knights product he would still be in junior.

I see people saying this about the Hitmen all the time, what makes you say that?