The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Of course Canada is the best country, and Vancouver is the best city.  That's a given.  Do you remember how difficult it was for the Grizxlies to get guys to come here?  Their opinions are based on their ignorance.  We should accept that US educated people are extremely ignorant when it comes to us.  And bigotry comes for ignorance.

You realize the majority of NBA free agents are from the southern states right? 

Big difference.

Vancouver is more "on the map" now after the olympics than it was during the Grizzlies era. Vancouver had a bit of a weird stigma back then, although I would trade 90s Vancouver for post-olympics Vancouver in a heartbeat. 

For a professional athlete (young and likely does a lot of outdoor activities) making a cool million it is a great city. For a chubby culture-vulture who hates rain I maybe didn't get enough out of the city to justify the high cost and limited job opportunities. Definitely things I love about it, but I wouldn't say Vancouver is for everyone. In the case of Boeser, I think he would love it.

It is a bit ignorant to say Canada is the best country, and Vancouver is the best city. Anybody born and bred in Vancouver has that mentality cause of those livability rankings that fail to take cost of living and taxes into account. Vancouver is great for 1) people who love physical outdoor activities 2) rich people 3) people who hate cities but have to live in a city.  Good chance a guy like Boeser is all three. 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Agree, at the end of the day it's about money. If he's good enough to go pro he'll sign and won't wait 3 years and risk injury or regression.

It would be more a risk if he was in his 3rd year going into 4th. Demko is more a risk than this kid and I think Demko will sign in the summer and be in Utica next year too. 

About the money for sure but also about risk. The reality is that every shift could be a players last, no matter whether collegiate or the NHL. That means signing a contract especially if his play is taking off the way it is.

14 minutes ago, NameFaker said:

Dude, what is your problem? Stooping to name-calling and stereotyping is childish. It's the kind of things a Canucks fan shouldn't endorse, especially since we've supported two of the least "manly" players this generation's seen. They've been prolific. They have been called sisters. You really gonna take the same route on some other players you don't know jack all about? 

Honestly, this is pathetic. You're not funny, you try too hard, and your opinions are dispersed like fact without reasons. You're a charlatan. 

You are entitled to your opinion, which I accept.  If you like Nylander, then cheer for Leafs, and leave the Canuck's board.  Constantly hearing how wonderful this pretty boy is compared our players (picked in the same draft) is tiresome.  :canucks::towel:Leafs suck!  Nylander sucks!  Davie Keon, Darryl Sittler, Wendle Clark, Borje Salming, Doug Gilmore, and Matts Sundin.  Those were great Leafs.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You are entitled to your opinion, which I accept.  If you like Nylander, then cheer for Leafs, and leave the Canuck's board.  Constantly hearing how wonderful this pretty boy is compared our players (picked in the same draft) is tiresome.  :canucks::towel:Leafs suck!  Nylander sucks!  Davie Keon, Darryl Sittler, Wendle Clark, Borje Salming, Doug Gilmore, and Matts Sundin.  Those were great Leafs.  

I forgot another descriptor: idiot. 

You accept my opinion. I accept that you have one, I don't accept it. 

I said nothing about Nylander or his abilities, I said you don't know what he's like and you don't seem to see the irony of your statements. 

I'm a Canucks fan, and I'm disgraced to be in the same category as you. You sound like a bigot.

Also, "Leafs suck" - "Those were good Leafs". What? You like their history but not the present? Whatever it is that you meant, your comments here paint you as a reactionary moron. A person whose emotions are fragile enough that their opinions can be shifted by the declarations of fans online to the point of making crass, ignorant statements like you have is a pathetic person indeed.

Then again, you don't seem to be from around here...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NameFaker said:

Dude, what is your problem? Stooping to name-calling and stereotyping is childish. It's the kind of things a Canucks fan shouldn't endorse, especially since we've supported two of the least "manly" players this generation's seen. They've been prolific. They have been called sisters. You really gonna take the same route on some other players you don't know jack all about? 

Honestly, this is pathetic. You're not funny, you try too hard, and your opinions are dispersed like fact without reasons. You're a charlatan. 

21 minutes ago, NameFaker said:

I said nothing about Nylander or his abilities, I said you don't know what he's like and you don't seem to see the irony of your statements. 

I'm a Canucks fan, and I'm disgraced to be in the same category as you. You sound like a bigot.

Also, "Leafs suck" - "Those were good Leafs". What? You like their history but not the present? Whatever it is that you meant, your comments here paint you as a reactionary moron. A person whose emotions are fragile enough that their opinions can be shifted by the declarations of fans online to the point of making crass, ignorant statements like you have is a pathetic person indeed.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. I just had to point that out. 

Edited by TheLiveWire

Just now, SvenBae said:

What kind of lines are we looking at for Team USA?

Boeser on a line with Schmaltz? Be interesting to see who plays RW with Matthews and is Matthews playing with Tkachuk on his LW?

I think the top line is Debrincat with Matthews and Tkachuk. Boeser and Schmaltz plays with McInnis (spelling might be off).

3 hours ago, NameFaker said:

I'm too ignorant to comprehend much of what you said, but is sure sounded delightful.  

• Upvote 1