The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

12 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Vancouver is more "on the map" now after the olympics than it was during the Grizzlies era. Vancouver had a bit of a weird stigma back then, although I would trade 90s Vancouver for post-olympics Vancouver in a heartbeat. 

For a professional athlete (young and likely does a lot of outdoor activities) making a cool million it is a great city. For a chubby culture-vulture who hates rain I maybe didn't get enough out of the city to justify the high cost and limited job opportunities. Definitely things I love about it, but I wouldn't say Vancouver is for everyone. In the case of Boeser, I think he would love it.

It is a bit ignorant to say Canada is the best country, and Vancouver is the best city. Anybody born and bred in Vancouver has that mentality cause of those livability rankings that fail to take cost of living and taxes into account. Vancouver is great for 1) people who love physical outdoor activities 2) rich people 3) people who hate cities but have to live in a city.  Good chance a guy like Boeser is all three. 

You, sir, hit the nail on the head.

Vancouver definitely isn't for everyone. However, for someone outdoorsy and with money to burn, I'm sure Boeser will like it just fine. 

3 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

just in case some people are to lazy to click the link

Can honestly say he might be the only prospect of ours that makes me shake my head with how much skill he has. What a snag by JB if he is able to translate this to the NHL, especially with a power forward frame.

20 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

Can honestly say he might be the only prospect of ours that makes me shake my head with how much skill he has. What a snag by JB if he is able to translate this to the NHL, especially with a power forward frame.

I don't see a power forward.  I see Mike fracking Bossie!  Boesser even goes to one knee on release, :frantic:just like Bossie used to do.  

On 6/27/2015 at 6:37 PM, thejazz97 said:

Drafted Round 1, #23 in 2015.

BIRTHYEAR 1997-02-25

BIRTHPLACE Burnsville, MN, USA

AGE 18

NATION USA

POSITION RW

SHOOTS R

HEIGHT 183 cm / 6'0"

WEIGHT 87 kg / 192 lbs

ba1_0684.jpg

A dynamic offensive winger and natural goal scorer. Has great instincts and is able to quickly get into position for premium scoring chances; possesses an accurate release on his shot which he can get off in the blink of an eye. He always knows where his linemates are, and is a great passer; that being said, his individual puck possession play is incredible and sets him apart as an offensive player. He will need to work on defensive zone coverage and a slew of small details such as board battles, but Brock Boeser has a ton of elite-level scoring potential due to the way he can read, make, and finish plays. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Some scouts are seeing quite a bit of Patrick Sharp in Mr. Boeser. He skates well and has a complete set of goal-scorer's tools. Doesn't give up his own end, and transitions to offense in such a quick and concrete way that he can catch the opposition off-guard. [EliteProspects 2015]

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248381

canucks could use a natural goal scorer! welcome Boeser.