The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

9 hours ago, SvenBae said:

Puljujarvi and Laine for Finland are pretty big as well.

Finland are really interesting, I'm watching the Finland v. Slovakia game right now and on paper I think they have the strongest team in this years tournament but it's just not coming together.

Puljujarvi, Laine, and Rantanen (Colorado pick) are all so similar. Similar size (huge), skilled, with fantastic releases and the combination of the three is really intimidating. Sebastian Aho (Carolina pick) has probably been the best player of the tournament so far.

From my limited viewings, Canuck fans should be really happy if they end up with either Laine or Puljujarvi, I'd pick Laine first.

On Boeser: First game, very solid, second game? kinda invisible. I don't value the play in this tournament very highly because it's such a small number of games over a short period of time but you can't deny the talent that he possesses. Very happy with the pick, I think he will be a beauty.

Why do people use the World Juniors as a standard for prospects? They're playing against others with nearly the same skill level. It's not exactly an opportunity to up their game.

Edited by Qwags

12 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Why do people use the World Juniors as a standard for prospects? They're playing against others with nearly the same skill level. It's not exactly an opportunity to up their game.

?? I would think that it would be a more accurate way of evaluation than them playing against lesser players or players with more development under their belts. 

I'm sure Boeser would look stupid playing against the predators D core. 

I'm sure he would look great playing against a ball hockey team. 

5 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

?? I would think that it would be a more accurate way of evaluation than them playing against lesser players or players with more development under their belts. 

I'm sure Boeser would look stupid playing against the predators D core. 

I'm sure he would look great playing against a ball hockey team. 

Fair enough. But what I mean is if we are to judge a single based on their performance in the WJs so far, then all other players in this tournament who are struggling should be judged equally.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry guys, just read in the Virtanen thread that jake has 0 points in 3 games.

Just saw Boeser has 0 points in 2 games.

If we apply that same logic, Boeser was a bad choice and will be a bust based off of 2 WJC games and as such we need to fire GMJB and Linden.

Am I evaluating our prospects right?

Wish we could have a WJC star like Hodgson or Schroeder:lol:

12 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

1 point in 10 goals BUST right

If we are going to use the same ruler people do/did with Virtanen this WJC and last years, totally is I would have to say

Because 6 months and 8 days between the two is not enough of an age discrepancy to be called a year apart in terms of development especially when the NCAA has players as old as 24 (depending on scholastic term) playing 

either way, damn...USA looks like the team to beat, so mobile and so many weapons up front.