The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

alright. give me an example of a prospect trade that has happened that wasn't because of

A: a dispute between the player/agent and the team

B: an obvious fleecing of one gm to another

C: both prospects being low quality and teams taking a shot in the dark

Griffin Reinhart for Matt Barzal.

• Upvote 1

As long as you were not drafted out of the CHL, you just have to be 18. However, most USHL players commit to college programs so it's rare that there are many 18-19 year olds in the AHL.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2012/8/1/3213217/bruins-nhl-chl-ahl-agreement-CBA-talks-2012

For example Brock is committed to the UND Fighting Sioux

Griffin Reinhart for Matt Barzal.

matt barzal wasn't an oiler when they traded for Griffin reinhart. try again.

also, reinhart was a struggling prospect that the NYI gave up on, another factor i mentioned.

also, reinhart was a struggling prospect that the NYI gave up on, another factor i mentioned.

Doesn't matter if he was drafted or not. They traded from their surplus to get a forward.

Your other statement is a lie. They have too many prospects so they moved one. You have proof they just gave up on him.

Edited by RonMexico

Doesn't matter if he was drafted or not. They traded from their surplus to get a forward.

Your other statement is a lie. They have too many prospects so they moved one.

Nope. ask any NYI fan. Reinhart was struggling mightily and not living up to expectations. oilers took a shot on him cause they're desperate. do you really expect that the oilers would have taken another center, aka barzal with that pick? no, they would have taken a d-man or samsonov and you know it

Nope. ask any NYI fan. Reinhart was struggling mightily and not living up to expectations. oilers took a shot on him cause they're desperate. do you really expect that the oilers would have taken another center, aka barzal with that pick? no, they would have taken a d-man or samsonov and you know it

You THINK you know too much.

You THINK you know too much.

i don't base management strategies off video games. I use common sense, and what's actually been happening in the league. some think it's so easy to just swap prospects and expect it to be a fair trade, and that no other factors apply, or get actual good value when a market is crap. the only thing i have against benning is the timing of his trades, when the market is saturated, or not holding out for better value at the trade deadline. if he was able to even get fair value for 50% of his trades he'd be a great gm in my eyes.

• Upvote 1

Your other statement is a lie. They have too many prospects so they moved one. You have proof they just gave up on him.

Yeah Isles fans have saying that Reinhart was struggling big time. He got passed by a couple other guys too. He still might end up being a solid #4 but not that top 1-2 kinda guy.
  • Upvote 1

Karlsson is that guy who goes to a club and goes home lonely, but then tells his buddies that no one meet his standards as an excuse for going home alone.

(Couldn't think of a better way to word this)

Edited by Gstank29

So it's pronounced Besser, not Bo-zer?

I like Boz-er better.

I'm quite enjoying his blogs, very succinct dude in type.

Yep and yea, very humble and down to earth. Loving his blogs. By the looks he's getting more and more comfortable around the team.

While I think he's a troll, his account was made yesterday, he does have a point.

In theory, trading what you have in surplus for a deficiency you have in your prospect depth sounds good, but in reality that doesn't seem to happen much in the NHL.

What happens in the real would is the use of leverage, and if a team has a surplus, its a sellers market and they will use that to their advantage.

Griffin Reinhart's value is far off his 4th overall value from 2012. You look at that top 10 and you'd probably get way more than a 1st and 2nd round pick. Morgan Reilly taken at 5th overall would have garnered way more. The truth of the matter is, that NYI did give up on him, why trade away a former 4th overall pick from only 3 years ago?

Karlsson is that guy who goes to a club and goes home lonely, but then tells his buddies that no one meet his standards as an excuse for going home alone.

(Couldn't think of a better way to word this)

Man your jokes are terrible and so is your scouting. Sorry you guys are jealous half my tinder matches are hotter than her. ;)

Back on topic, I like this pick. We have 3 guys who can rip the puck now in Boeser, Virtanen and McCann.

That should really help our power play when these guys make the team.

I wanted Konecny but he's a risky pick with his size and concussion history. Would have been cool to have Bo's cousin on the team too though.

Hopefully Boeser can improve his speed and physical game a bit. He will be one of the best players from the draft if he does imo, besides McEichel obv.

Man your jokes are terrible and so is your scouting. Sorry you guys are jealous half my tinder matches are hotter than her. ;)

Back on topic, I like this pick. We have 3 guys who can rip the puck now in Boeser, Virtanen and McCann.

That should really help our power play when these guys make the team.

I wanted Konecny but he's a risky pick with his size and concussion history. Would have been cool to have Bo's cousin on the team too though.

Hopefully Boeser can improve his speed and physical game a bit. He will be one of the best players from the draft if he does imo, besides McEichel obv.

As much as I still disagree with you on Cuthbert, I saw a dude in another thread say Jennifer Aniston isn't hot so at least you've got a step up on that guy. And as for your tinder matches I'd be willing to bet they're bots or camgirls, it is tinder after all.

Boeser's shot looks great in the video from the 3v3 that somebody posted in the prospects camp thread. Great release, it's off his stick before defenders and goalies even know it. He's gonna pile up some goals on the power play.