The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

his assist comes early
the game got quite whisty in 2nd and 3rd as both teams took hefty penalties..
Brock didnt see much special minutes
as a result, didnt really get a good feel for him
played quite often with either Mathews/Larkin
was actually surprised to see how long the video is as i thought he didnt see a ton until last half of 3rd

his assist comes early

the game got quite whisty in 2nd and 3rd as both teams took hefty penalties..

Brock didnt see much special minutes

as a result, didnt really get a good feel for him

played quite often with either Mathews/Larkin

was actually surprised to see how long the video is as i thought he didnt see a ton until last half of 3rd

Really liked his positioning and ability to support the quick transition out of the zone.

Slick pass to Milano and staying onside there showed some impressive hockey IQ.

You can tell he isn't challenged by the quickness of the game at this level at all. He just calmly gets in position and lets the game come to him. Reminds me of Gaunce in that way.

He could pursue the puck harder, especially when it comes to board battles. Part of that looks like he needs to work on his first few strides so he can more confidently go into the corner then rush back into position.

What really confused me was that he kept drifting into perfect spots in the offensive zone and his teammates just would not pass to him. Seemed like a few of the US players had some serious tunnel vision even on the PP

Edited by SamJamIam

1C at this point would be 'nice'. It's not a 'need' IMO.

Defence, defence, defence.

at this point 1C is only happening if we get a top5 pick which I don't see happening with current roster/management. Even then I would pick a dman a true #1 is something I don't think we have yet as a franchise.(could be forgetting someone)

If you looked at the last 5-10years lots of studs dman are in the middle of the first to end of the 2nd. after that its pretty hard to get a gem as we know. I do not like JB trading 2nds at any rate

as for boeser wasn't my first pick but I will reserve judgement of benning picks and boeser for a couple years. This guy could be a no non sense canuck legend or a idiotic thug life 4th liner who played for a bunch of the teams

I certainly hope Boesser makes the US world juniors. The US team is usually good, although not quite as deep as the Canadian team. Horvat and Virtanen both made the team in their draft+1 years, as you expect for top 10 picks, but the lower first recent round picks (McCann, Shinkaruk, and Gaunce) did not.

So it would not be too disappointing if Boesser does not make the U.S, team, but it would boost my confidence in Benning if he does.

I certainly hope Boesser makes the US world juniors. The US team is usually good, although not quite as deep as the Canadian team. Horvat and Virtanen both made the team in their draft+1 years, as you expect for top 10 picks, but the lower first recent round picks (McCann, Shinkaruk, and Gaunce) did not.

So it would not be too disappointing if Boesser does not make the U.S, team, but it would boost my confidence in Benning if he does.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Cassels didn't make team USA last year and look what he did in the Memorial Cup.
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Cassels didn't make team USA last year and look what he did in the Memorial Cup.

True, but Cassels almost made the US team and they probably made a mistake by not picking him. But I agree it is not that big a deal. Still, if would be nice to Boesser make the team.

Brock Boeser puts USA White on the board 1 minute into the second period. USA White-1, Sweden-0 #NJEC

Brock Boeser scores off a one timer from the top of the left circle. USA White-5, Sweden-0 #NJEC

Then Brock Boeser displays the shot that made him a 1st round pick. USA White up 5-0 over Sweden is pretty surprising.

Brock Boeser-VAN hasn't been too visible, but his shot is probably the best here. Has put away a few chances from a distance.

So Boeser has two goals but hasn't been visible? Playing the role of that elusive sniper.

Also I'll definitely be keeping my eye on Matthew Tkachuk for next years draft. He could potentially be a target for us depending on where we draft.