The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

According to the video of him being drafted, hism2 weaknesses p is his acceleration his physical play.

So whenever a report that suggests he's a great skater is totally baffling makes you wonder if they are edit copy pasting scouting reports.

There's a difference between being a great skater and being a fast skater.

When they call him a great skater they mean he's strong on his skates and agile. He does have a powerful stride, he just needs to work on his first few steps.

All access draft day with Brock Boeser is up on canucks.com

Worth a watch :) show show calm he is. Very good to see and you can see hes a quality person.

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=804&id=443912&lang=en&_ga=1.129970441.403809615.1435909379

Is vid.

That video should put an end to the "he wasn't happy to be drafted here, he's going to leave." Kid looked happy, he's just got a very calm demeanour. You can see Captain material in him, same as Bo. Great pick. Edited by WonderTwinPowers

I consider myself a calm guy but that guy is ridiculously calm

I'm kind of the same way as him, sometimes its hard for people to show excitement on their face even though they are very happy on the inside... I don't really know how to explain it.

I'm kind of the same way as him, sometimes its hard for people to show excitement on their face even though they are very happy on the inside... I don't really know how to explain it.

People be different yo.

That video should put an end to the "he wasn't happy to be drafter here, he's going to leave." Kid looked happy, he's just got a very calm demeanour. You can see Captain material in him, same as Bo. Great pick.

Yeah the poise and confidence of him, Bo, and Caseels is terrific. :) Shinkaruk is a pretty confident guy too. Lots of confidence in our prospects. Brock has some extreme confidence. lol

I'm sure this vid was already posted , but Woooow what a shot. The way he shoots with confidence and perpose is hard to find. Crazy how nobody had really paid much attention to him ( except Benning of coarse). First thing I thought in the video in him On home page was how crazy calm he is. Has mental toughness And confidence written all over him. More and more exited about this kid

Edited by cuporbust

I'm sure this vid was already posted , but Woooow what a shot. The way he shoots with confidence and perpose is hard to find. Crazy how nobody had really paid much attention to him ( except Benning of coarse). First thing I thought in the video in him On home page was how crazy calm he is. Has mental toughness And confidence written all over him. More and more exited about this kid

Actually a lot of other teams were interested in him around where we picked.

Lots of hf posters wanted their teams to draft him too.

Craig Button had him ranked number 9 and thinks he is one of the best pure goal scorers of not only this draft but the last few drafts combined. I know most of you people hate Craig and think you are smarter than him.. but it's a good perspective from somebody who has actually watched Brock play! Hopefully he is right about this kid.

But then Button hated virtanen last year and ranked him 43rd! So if you want to trust button you have to hope he's wrong on virtanen.

• Upvote 1

But then Button hated virtanen last year and ranked him 43rd! So if you want to trust button you have to hope he's wrong on virtanen.

Maybe part of the reason he has him ranked so high is because of Jakes performance at junior and the WJC making him look bad for ranking him 43rd.

Then again maybe this is all speculation and they will both end up somewhere in the middle.

Maybe part of the reason he has him ranked so high is because of Jakes performance at junior and the WJC making him look bad for ranking him 43rd.

Then again maybe this is all speculation and they will both end up somewhere in the middle.

During Button's mock draft he said Virtanen has the highest upside in the draft. So it boggles my mind why he would rank Virtanen so low while also having him go 6th to us.

Lol I made a status about this. They're similar players, both big RWs with excellent shots. Virtanen has the edge in skating, Boeser in defense. It'll be interesting to see who makes it, and in what capacity.

Button bases his rankings off the players potential and how likely he thinks they will be able to reach it.

He might have said Jake has the highest potential but he doesn't think he will reach it.

So obviously he thinks highly of Boeser.

• Upvote 1

Craig Button has said time in and time out that when he ranks his prospects, it isn't based on where they will go in the draft.

The rankings to him are based on where they will end up in the NHL compared to the rest of prospects. Obviously Button saw and viewed 42 prospects would end up having more favourable careers over Virtanen. Nothing wrong with it.

Boeser made Kassian expendable, I suppose Benning was thinking of getting rid of Kassian for a while and needed a replacement on the right wing side.

Not sure whether Boeser will surpass Virtanen on the right side or not but the two of them will be fantastic right wingers in this team's top-9 for years to come. Hopefully Boeser will get some time to play with a veteran like the Sedins, Dorsett, Prust or Higgins (as will Virtanen hopefully), but Brock is still a solid 2-3 years away from the NHL and Virtanen maybe 1 or 2. At this time I could see the twins playing third line minutes, which would be a perfect place for one of these right wingers to slot in and start to learn the game.

• Upvote 1

Craig Button had him ranked number 9 and thinks he is one of the best pure goal scorers of not only this draft but the last few drafts combined. I know most of you people hate Craig and think you are smarter than him.. but it's a good perspective from somebody who has actually watched Brock play! Hopefully he is right about this kid.

Button has Boeser at 9..good Button, Button has Virtanen at 30-40...bad Button. Will be interesting to see what kid is closer to his ranking.