The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Saw the highlight package for Boeser against the Swedes. Tried paying close attention to his positioning away from the puck and he was always in the right place. Big league shot as he was hammering the puck into the net from far out. He would always be moving into the open area and getting ready to one time the puck. Like his shoot first mentality. Reminds me of Ovechkin... not saying thats what hes going to be like, but it was nice to see someone getting open and wanting the puck to shoot. Showed some great skill as well on the breakaway goal he scored. Battled hard in front of the net and in the corners. Liking what I've seen so far.

Edited by sharnhayre

Lets not get carried away. Brett Hall is a hall of famer.

more importantly he's 3rd all time in goals scored.

i don't see boeser scoring 740 goals, including 86 in one season and 2 more seasons with 70+, though i'd love to be wrong.

Lets not get carried away. Brett Hall is a hall of famer.

I was thinking more that right handed shot RW that gets into the slot on the left side and rips that accurate one-timer. Gone are the days when anyone is going to score 70 in a season. As far as awareness and shot I see lots of similarity.

Maybe it's just because he played Finland, but I just realized that another comparable for his ability to find open spots is Selanne. If he can develop the same kind of offensive awareness as Hull and Selanne, in finding places to shoot, then we've got a player on our hands.

Edited by NaveJoseph

Maybe it's just because he played Finland, but I just realized that another comparable for his ability to find open spots is Selanne. If he can develop the same kind of offensive awareness as Hull and Selanne, in finding places to shoot, then we've got a player on our hands.

Selanne was awesome but his shot was a muffin I don't see the comparable there.

Hull and Selanne are up there with all time greatest scorers. Obviously it would be great but that's an incredible dream.

When I dream that big I usually go with winning the lotto jack pot.

Having said that his sot does remind me of Hull.

Edited by WHL rocks