The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Wow. We're going to have to wait forever.

Yea, but he'll come in much more well rounded when he's ready. North Dakota is a great program, it has produced NHLers such as Toews, Oshie, Nelson, Parise, and Zajac.

I think this is one of those cases where people get caught up with CHL players (myself included), and forget about all the NCAA players available.

This guy should be a big part of team USA at the world juniors along with Demko. Hopefully those two can go head to head with McCann and Virtanen.

Little more info on Patrick White v2

FAVORITES

NHL team: Minnesota Wild
NHL player: Derek Stepan
Shootout move: "Stick handle in, shoot low glove/blocker"
Goal celebration: "One knee up, small downward punch"
Video game: NHL 15
Movie: Never Back Down
TV show: Gossip Girl
Actor: Blake Lively
Music group: One Direction
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Athlete (non-hockey): Brett Favre

Oh yes, because everyone looked thrilled. I bet McCann absolutely hates us.

Well, he might not hate us but might he might have not wanted to go to us. We'll just have to grow on him.

TV show: Gossip Girl

Music group: One Direction

Yes.

Edited by Mathew Barzal

Not having our prospect being developed by our organization means we have no control or real influence on the direction he goes moving forward. If he was being developed in utica he could be pushed in a direction that might better suit his needs to make the NHL. Not to mention he possibility that he can stay in college for his 4 years and then decide to sign anywhere he wants as has been done by a number of prospect in the last few years.

Demko is a goalie so his development is his alone, much different when you're a forward or a D man.

Would you honestly rather not have him in our house sooner rather then waiting till he is 22 before being able to shape is development?

Well what is the difference between going to college and to a chl team cause he ain't eligible for AHL next season. I would like him to play against men in the NCAA then with kids in the chl.

Rated as a bit of a wild card in this draft.

ISS had him ranked 35th overall.

Craig Button had him ranked 9th overall.

Don't know if I've ever seen this wide of a discrepancy in ranking.

With how important this draft was for our team, especially without a second rounder, was this really the draft to go with the wild card pick?

Rated as a bit of a wild card in this draft.

ISS had him ranked 35th overall.

Craig Button had him ranked 9th overall.

Don't know if I've ever seen this wide of a discrepancy in ranking.

With how important this draft was for our team, especially without a second rounder, was this really the draft to go with the wild card pick?

He was listed as a low first round pick. Buttons projections are based on potential, which he sees a top 6 scoring winger. Comparsions to Pacorietty and Okposo

Edited by Gstank29

im so choked about this pick. we passed on Travis Konecny/ Nicholas Merkley/Jeremy Roy/ Oliver Kylington/

also choked that the canucks still haven't traded Bieksa and Lack.

Lets try to get some steals in the 2nd plz JB

this
  • Upvote 1