The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

I keep saying he's a puck hound. His game is better suited for our ice and style of play.

How heavy do you think he'll need to get to in order to succeed in the NHL? I think he's only about 160 to 170 .

The BaZhukinov don't care about weight- he gonna knock em all down anyways!

Doubt it, but there is always the possibilty he will be in Pentiction.

70 points and i'll call it a very successful season for Zhukenov

for sure 70 would be great I think for a 4th rounder playing his first year in NA, PPG is about as good as you can hope. To even get an invite to Russias WJC camp would be awesome

for sure 70 would be great I think for a 4th rounder playing his first year in NA, PPG is about as good as you can hope. To even get an invite to Russias WJC camp would be awesome

He's a two way centre. Maybe points aren't everything in him having a good year?

He's a two way centre. Maybe points aren't everything in him having a good year?

That is obviously true, but projecting players based on intangibles is pretty difficult. At least we can get idea of his comparables based on team point percentage, and 5v5 vs PP points.

That is obviously true, but projecting players based on intangibles is pretty difficult. At least we can get idea of his comparables based on team point percentage, and 5v5 vs PP points.

That's true, but plenty of guys put up big numbers in junior, and then their office does not translate (Hodgeson). If they don't have the defensive concepts, especially as a centre, they go poof.

Why would you think this ?

Do you know his families bloodline & genealogy ?

Because I don't know any men who look like they're ten years old....

It's obvious he has a lot of maturing to do, there's no way he stays that small for the rest of his life... Some guys mature at age 16, some not till 23, he looks like a late bloomer.

By the time he's fully filled out, I'm sure he would have added atleast 15-25 pounds. Whether he gets taller or not doesn't really matter.