The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

So! For a little while, anyway, we could have enjoyed the lie. Zhuk is actually of Lithuanian origin, and his name means - Winner of many Cups. See, just that easy:)

I'm on board with Zhuk being an lion or bear...btw, killer avatar and handle. Alf was and remains my favorite alien (him and Mork).

I'm on board with Zhuk being an lion or bear...btw, killer avatar and handle. Alf was and remains my favorite alien (him and Mork).

I think most of the young posters think Alf is muppet character from Sesame Street. I think Zhuk is a great name as it is. I wonder what his nick name will be?

This came up in the McCann thread so I figured I'd move the discussion over here.

He's been taking a few faceoffs in the pre-season so it would appear they have tried him as a center. But, the number of faceoffs he's taken has fallen off quite a bit. My take is that they intend to play him on the wing with Roy as his center. Which also supports having a top line of: Paquin-Boudreau - Roy - Zhukenov

This came up in the McCann thread so I figured I'd move the discussion over here.

He's been taking a few faceoffs in the pre-season so it would appear they have tried him as a center. But, the number of faceoffs he's taken has fallen off quite a bit. My take is that they intend to play him on the wing with Roy as his center. Which also supports having a top line of: Paquin-Boudreau - Roy - Zhukenov

Thanks for the update! It's good he's on their top line, regardless. If he's turned into a winger, he will still be a puck hound. I like this kid A LOT.

McCann is pretty skinny. He's gonna have to bulk up quite a bit too in the next few years.

Yeah, HE needs to get on something closer to the diet mentioned in the Shinkaruk thread. He shouldn't get excessively bulky either but his play style and position would be helped my a bit more mass vs Shink IMO.

original.gif

Clearly Zhukenov is far too small!

Clearly your reality isn't crystal clear...all the other players are far to big....

Zukenov is the perfect size for the new NHL...too small to be seen, with all the other big bodies around he can just skate by one and disappear behind another...

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego