The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

44 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If we re-sign the twins (which I prefer we didn't but agree is likely), I agree, there's simply no room for Vanek. Sorry, neither Eriksson or Gagner are going anywhere though :lol:

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Sedin, Sedin, Pettersson:

Eriksson, Sutter, Granlund

Gaunce, Gaudette, Virtanen

Gagner (subs in for Pettersson, Virt, Gaunce etc as needed). Though obviously guys will shuffle around (particularly on W).

Without the twins I'd far prefer to see something like:

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Kane, Sutter, Granlund (fast/hard match up line with offense)

Erikssson, Gaudette, Pettersson (give them the twins sheltered o zone starts, Eriksson gives them a solid 2 way vet etc)

Gaunce, Dowd/MacEwan/UFA etc, Virtanen (solid depth checking/counter punch line)

Gagner (subs in for Pettersson, Virt, Gaunce etc as needed). And again, guys will clearly shuffle around on W.

One can dream though right?

24 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

This tweet really makes me love this kid!

Like come on.. what else can u ask for? A Hobby Baker award?  

Gaudette.. I'm on it .

The kids really refreshing. Think he might be able to develop into a burrows type agitatior.  That would be sweet.

More of a Kesler type rather than a Burrows. But yes, Gaudette did seem to piss off some players in the beanpot final mainly brady tkachuk. He's also got a bit of swagger to him, very refreshing indeed to have something like that.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sure. but eventually you gotta wake up and go about your day in reality :lol:

This is true - we shall see though, because hypothetically say we drafted Zadina or Svech they are going to be in the show next season, and if gaudette and EP are lights out and the sedins are coming back there would have to be roster moves to make space 

but yea i agree haha 

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

This is true - we shall see though, because hypothetically say we drafted Zadina or Svech they are going to be in the show next season, and if gaudette and EP are lights out and the sedins are coming back there would have to be roster moves to make space 

but yea i agree haha 

Sure... Still don't see any way of getting rid of Eriksson without it costing more than it's worth to just keep him on the roster. I also think he could actually pair quite well with Gaudette in a depth role and if nothing else, contributes in a defensive/pk role (granted vastly overpaid for doing so).

Gagner we could likely move if required, or worst case, waive. Though I doubt it would come to that.

But since we're playing here.... if we draft Svech/Zadina, I'd think it far more likely we'd move Baer. He has actual trade value and would be far easier to move (and far more redundant).

Just now, aGENT said:

Sure... Still don't see any way of getting rid of Eriksson without it costing more than it's worth to just keep him on the roster. I also think he could actually pair quite well with Gaudette in a depth role and if nothing else, contributes in a defensive/pk role (granted vastly overpaid for doing so).

Gagner we could likely move if required, or worst case, waive. Though I doubt it would come to that.

But since we're playing here.... if we draft Svech/Zadina, I'd think it far more likely we'd move Baer. He has actual trade value and would be far easier to move (and far more redundant).

I don't know I think keeping (what next year would be the highest paid forward) who just plays awful on a regular basis, doesn't produce and only thing he brings is penalty killing and decent defensive play would send a terrible message to the kids.

like you can suck and if ur on a big contract that's okay... 

maybe your right though, I agree the maybe a line of eriksson-gaudette-Virtanen would be a good line.

im just super frustrated with him and have seen enough

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The value of Eriksson, moreover than the Sedins, is that he can shelter kids on his line.  Much rather him in that role than the twins, as he is a defensive benefit on the ice, not a liability.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd like to see Gagner moved.  If we're going young.  Let's waive or trade like you said.

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'd like to see Gagner moved.  If we're going young.  Let's waive or trade like you said.

He's gone in another couple years regardless. If you draft a Svech/Zadina and have guys like Petterson (starting on W likely), Dahlen and Lind coming up, I'd prefer cashing in on Baer and either upgrading on him, filling other holes or getting other solid futures to keep the prospect pool pushing from below, than just get a 4th or something for Gagner.

Plus we still need SOME vets on the roster the next couple years.

Edited by aGENT

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

But he doesn't 'suck'. Yes, he's vastly overpaid and vastly under performing offensively, (particularly for what he's paid). But he's still a solid NHL player who is VERY good defensively and on the PK. It's not that he's on a 'big contract' that he's still in the lineup. He's a solid NHL player. He's just not scoring nearly enough for his pay cheque.

And Gordie willing, if we actually find a play driving, 2 way C for him to play with, he might actually start to produce more offense.

Hope so - he just looks slow, unconfident and like he's forgotten how to score to me.

we shall see. Maybe next camp being around Dahlen and EP will energize him